MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vbulletin or MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Vbulletin package but im not sure which is better! Vbulletin or MYBB

Can someone tell me the differences and the pros and cons of both
Well, if you're going to ask about which one is better, asking it here will only get you biased answers of going for a MyBB forum. But we'll let you decide this one by reading the features list on the site:

http://www.mybboard.com/features.php

It's not updated to what Gold has Wink
As of now, vBulletin is better. Keep in mind, though, that vBulletin is not free software, whereas MyBulletinBoard is.
You also have to consider what you're going to use it for. If you're going to run a hobby time type of forum which makes little if not no revenue at all, I would suggest MyBB. I mean, if you have the need to burn 150 bucks, be my guest, but use vB for company forums if you're into the hosting thing, or if you make some sort of revenue online.
I use both forum softwares, and they are both very good. MyBB Gold and vBulletin 3 will be close, I know a few vbulletin users that might make the jump to MyBB when a import is made.
I think that both are good, but the first forum I ever joined was IPB, and MyBB has a IPB feeling to me, so I favor MyBB more. Smile
if you have already purchased vbulletin then use it, but if you haven't purchased it then go with MyBB. vbulletin still better, but you will have to pay too much for it.
Im using both just now i personally prefer mybb. Its easier to use. Making forums is very fast and simple and running it is just as easy. While this board is similar to vb i dont think it lacks anything that vb has really. The only thing i cannot mention is search engine rankings i know vb is good ill need to wait and see how good mybb is.
guys from what I see this board is excellent! mybb really rocks! forget about paying 160 bucks for vbulletin, or even trying to pretend to have a great forum by using phpb when you know something is still missing. mybb is the one!
vbulletin = waste of money
I do not like vbulletin.

I only use MyBB from now on.
Pages: 1 2