MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Eleven reasons your forum is destined to die.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figured I'd share this here.

1) You're using a ripped theme.
If you want your forum to get anywhere, using a orange tier paki rip from a ripping community is not the way to go. 

2) You have no money.
Seriously, don't even try to start a forum if you're so broke that you can't even afford $5 a month to host your forum on a $5 a month digitalocean VPS. Nobody takes a forum seriously if the owner has no money.

3) You don't know basic web development.
The key to keeping your community happy is to keep providing them with what they want, you can't do this if you don't know basic stuff like html or css.

4) You use an overused niche.
You made a gaming forum? Wow, cool! So what makes yours better than the thousands that already exist?

5) You know nothing about your niche.
Not knowing a lot about your niche is like giving a seminar on a topic you don't know, it just isn't going to work.

6) Your site is literally just a copy of a bigger board.
Why would anyone want to join your forum, when they can get the "bigger and better" experience from elsewhere.

7) You have no content.
Don't even try to get people to start using your forum if you have no content.

8) Your forum engages in illegal activities, and you have no idea how to host it.
Have fun getting your site suspended :noh: 

9) You don't post.
You can't expect the members of your community to post if you don't post yourself.

10) The only places you advertise are "website showcase" categories on other forums.
If your userbase is literally just a small fragment of another forums members, they're going to slowly forget about you and return to the forum they came from.

11) You start the forum with the intent of making money.
Why the eggplant would you create a brand new community, and ask for donations/sell paid upgrades from the get go? Are you really that desperate for money? That you need your five members to empty their wallets into a community that likely won't be around long?
(courtesy of idkwhatimdoing)

If any of these eleven reasons sounds like you and/or your forum, you should probably delete or hand over to someone more competent.
I do agree with some points you have listed above.

Though grey font color is quite unreadable.
in short you are saying not to start forum Big Grin

thanks
You already have tutorials like this but you could write that in more positive way.
have fun reading Smile

Nope made it myself.

2) You have no money.
pay around 80$ a month.

i know html & js learning css.

35/35 depends on how you look at it.

i know a lot Smile

Depending on how you look at it every site is copied, take Facebook for an example they pretty much ripped off Myspace lol.

7) You have no content.
i do Smile

8) Your forum engages in illegal activities, and you have no idea how to host it.
not saying i do, "you can always get an offshore site i think." "don't quote me on this"

9) You don't post.
post everyday.

10) The only places you advertise are "website showcase" categories on other forums.
Facebook ads, YouTube ads & IRL posts.

Never just an upgrade page, not forced.
(2017-12-30, 06:26 AM)sosanime Wrote: [ -> ]have fun reading Smile

Nope made it myself.

2) You have no money.
pay around 80$ a month.

i know a lot Smile

Depending on how you look at it every site is copied, take Facebook for an example they pretty much ripped off Myspace lol.

7) You have no content.
i do Smile

not saying i do, "you can always get an offshore site i think." "don't quote me on this"

9) You don't post.
post everyday.

$80 a month? that's a waste of money A LOT, if i do say so myself.
(2018-01-12, 02:44 PM)Zinx001 Wrote: [ -> ]$80 a month? that's a waste of money A LOT, if i do say so myself.

Mine's $132/mo. What's your point?

We have many reasons why we pay that much, primarily because we colocate, and own our hardware.
(2018-01-12, 02:44 PM)Zinx001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-30, 06:26 AM)sosanime Wrote: [ -> ]have fun reading Smile

Nope made it myself.

2) You have no money.
pay around 80$ a month.

i know a lot Smile

7) You have no content.
i do Smile

9) You don't post.
post everyday.

$80 a month? that's a waste of money A LOT, if i do say so myself.

rather pay 80$+ than to pay for a shared host and get ddosed.