MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where do I start?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know CSS and HTML. I know the Basics of Java Script. However, if I want to make a theme where do I start to know on making one?
(2017-12-28, 06:58 PM)wherkamp Wrote: [ -> ]I know CSS and HTML. I know the Basics of Java Script. However, if I want to make a theme where do I start to know on making one?

Go with the default theme provided with MyBB.
(2017-12-29, 05:07 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-28, 06:58 PM)wherkamp Wrote: [ -> ]I know CSS and HTML. I know the Basics of Java Script. However, if I want to make a theme where do I start to know on making one?

Go with the default theme provided with MyBB.

Ok so I modify it? Ok, my question is how do I know what id's or classes go to what sections of the page? Do I just inspect and call it good?
Quote:Do I just inspect and call it good?
^ yes. see also this older guidance which can be of some help

Also MyBB forum pages' source code contains templates names in comment tags
[provided that relevant setting is turned on at forum admin panel]
(2017-12-29, 03:52 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do I just inspect and call it good?
^ yes. see also  this older guidance which can be of some help  

Also MyBB forum pages' source code contains templates names in comment tags
[provided that relevant setting is turned on at forum admin panel]

Ok, Thank you.
I missed mentioning web developer tools [eg. web developer toolbar] ..
I just got into mybb close to a month ago. I found doing a CSS delete helped the most. The software as a whole is quite stable however the front end leaves everything to be desired. Start from the ground up on all major pages using a modern framework like flexbox. It'll take a while to make your theme but by the end you'll have a solid understanding of how mybb works and where things are.