MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems Upgrading 1.6 to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am upgrading a forum from 1.6.4 to 1.8.14

I have deactivated plugins and have uploaded all of the files.

When I go to install/ it recognizes the old version and asks if I want to upgrade. The next screen just sits on a screen that says:

Updating Database
Performing necessary upgrade queries...
Click next to continue with the upgrade process.

I walked away and left it alone for half an hour but nothing happened. When I check the forum it was in bad shape with a lot of database errors. I had the site restored from a backup and then started over. I carefully followed the instructions on this site for upgrading. I got the same result the second time.

I apologize for joining and then posting a plea for help right off the bat but I really need to figure out how to get my forum upgraded
can you check latest entries of server error log [should be available at your web host control panel]
I have a lot of "client denied by server configuration: " errors in the log. I am blocking forum access with the htaccess at the moment. all 300 errors were this

Ok, I just tried the upgrade again. I got to the install screen and clicked to upgrade.

I am getting the same page/notice and it seems to just hang up there

Updating Database
Performing necessary upgrade queries...
Click next to continue with the upgrade process.

I did this hoping it might cause something to show up in the error log. The error log is still nothing but "client denied by server configuration: "
what is approximate size of the database ?

if your forum is eligible for the support [see support eligibility policy],
you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & web host control panel to check
you can provide your own credentials & change them later
I just sent you a pm

The database backup I downloaded .sql.gz is about 46 megs

I do have the copyright notice and link at the footer, always been there.

I forgot to mention in pm but I do have visitors blocked by htaccess