MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Where?] allow users to select/change themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This permission must be hiding in plain sight.

But I've spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to locate it.

Where do I ENABLE and DISABLE the ability for users/groups to change the forum theme?

Undecided
ACP -> Templates & Style -> Select your theme -> "Allowed Usergroups"
Hi

Thank you for your response.

I've set all my themes to allow all usergroups in that setting within the AdminCP.

I'm using a test account and still the Option is missing within the UserCP.

I've logged in and out with no change.

There must be another permission conflicting.

I seem to recall a permission buried somewhere like:

"Allow Users to Select Own Theme"

or

"All Users To Choose Other Than Default Theme"

Can't find it for the life of me.....
Don’t think there is such an option. Be sure to check the “Edit Options” page in the User CP. It should be in the bottom right in the category “Other Options”, labelled “Board Style”.
It's not there.

It is there for me, as Administrator, but not for other accounts.

I did find another setting here:

AdminCP > Forums & Posts (tab) > any specified forum > Edit Forum Settings > (under Additional Forum Options) > Yes, override the User's Selected Style for this Forum

Ffs, that's buried deep.

But I haven't enabled that either...

Under my test accounts, the board style choice is simply not in the UserCP and it's not in the footer bar either.
what is your forum url & which theme you are using (as the main theme) ?
Hello.

I determined the cause of the issue.

My themes were like this:

Parent
- Child 1
- Child 2
- Child 3

Apparently, usergroups who are disallowed access to the "Parent" theme are also disallowed access to any "Child" themes (even when you have granted access in those themes).

This should be spelled out clearly rather than being left for an administrator to discover.

Once I allowed all usergroups access to the "Parent" theme, suddenly the Board Style dropdown list appeared in both the UserCP and the footer bar.

However, I didn't want to give user's access to the parent theme. So I exported and reinstalled the child themes. A suitable workaround.

Thank you for your replies.
When you reinstalled the themes what did you make them a child of? The theme installer insists they be a child of something. Also were there any other permissions you needed to change to make this work? MyBB v. 1.8  seems to have a different Admin CO than v.1.6 discussed on this thread