MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seeking help on the meaning of Automatic subscription options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB describes subscriptions as follows.

Quote:When you subscribe to a forum, you will be notified via email when any new thread is posted in the forum.

Quote:When you subscribe to a thread, you will be notified via email when a new reply has been posted in the thread
The documentation does not mention "subscribing to a post".  So, if I subscribe to a forum, I get notices of any new thread created.  If I subscribe to a thread, I am notified of any responses to that thread.

The Automatic Subscription plugin seems to use terminology differently.
Quote:Subscribe to all new threads

Quote:Subscribe to all new threads and posts

Quote:Subscribe to all new threads in subscribed to forums only

Quote:Subscribe to all new threads and posts in subscribed to forums only

I do not know what the plugin is calling "subscribe to all new posts". The only way this makes sense to me is if what the pluging is calling "Subscribe to all new threads" is not what mybb calls "subscribe to a thread" but what myBB calls "subscribe to a forum".  And what the plugin calls "Subscribe to all new posts" is what myBB calls "subscribe to a thread".  Can anyone clarify this?

But if my understanding is correct and "Subscribe to all new threads" means "subscribe to a forum", that would make the option "Subscribe to all new threads in subscribed to forums only" an option that does nothing.  So that does not make sense to me. 

If anyone can explain, that would be appreciated.  Thanks.