MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB & Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is no doubt that avatars need to be improved with MyBB 1.10, the current avatar system is clunky and most of the time incredibly strict with very specific dimensions. From what I've experienced it won't even resize (most of the time..)! Plus there's the whole other issue with gifs.

The changes I'm proposing are:
  • Force avatars into square dimensions, no more rectangle avatars on postbit.
  • Allow different image processing libraries to be used, e.g. imagemagick (toggle in acp)
  • Allow us to easily pick the dimensions of avatars to be shown (pretty sure it already does this, worth checking.)
  • Actually resize gifs/images so they fit. (ImageMagick is required for gifs iirc)

Maybe use the the whole background-image, cover etc way of doing avatars for the default style? Just a suggestion but I personally prefer this way.
will pass this on to our devs
Quote:Force avatars into square dimensions, no more rectangle avatars on postbit.

Quote:Allow us to easily pick the dimensions of avatars to be shown (pretty sure it already does this, worth checking.)

You can already do that. "Maximum Avatar Dimensions in Posts" and "Default Avatar Dimensions" are settings in acp.

Quote:Actually resize gifs/images so they fit. (ImageMagick is required for gifs iirc)

Again, already part of MyBB. ACP setting is "Avatar Resizing Mode"
You can most of this if not all of above in ACP or themes...