MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help, backing up and restoring a partial MySQL database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I messed up. Left all plugins activated when upgrading from 1.6.x to 1.8.14.... 

The result is that a bunch of plugins which I no longer want have left all sorts of stuff behind in ACP >> Settings. Even after changing compatibility to 18* and uninstalling, the stuff is stull left behind. 

Of course, this is only what I can see... There is likely a bunch of other junk left behind as well.

So, I'm considering restoring my files and database from 16*, then redoing (properly this time) the upgrade to 1.8.14. 

No problem, except we have a several new threads / posts / user signups...

If I decide to do this, I will import the 16* backup into a new database and re-upgrade, then upon upgrade finish to 1.8.14, want to import these new users / posts / threads.

A MyBB staff has been helping me, but I'd like to reduce burden on this kind soul as much as possible......

***So, my question... How difficult will it be to append (or replace tables) to the new upgrade of 1.8.14 with the new users / posts / threads from the old 1.8.14 database...... I understand some very basic MySQL...Just at a rudimentary level...

I hope I am understood. Perhaps some double-negatives and incorrect terminology Smile
as suggested earlier, there is not much to worry about the old plugins.

unfortunately, I've to concentrate on a medical emergency situation at home.
most probably I can check your forum's plugins in a week / 10 days ..
Right. I believe you. I have PMd you details as well. I just didn't want to burden you. Thought maybe it would be easier this way in regards to requiring outside help...Couple of MySQL commands instead of cleaning everything... IDK...

So, for now, I will move forward with the way it is now. Log all of my changes etc... in case we do end up needing to restore the old database.

I wish you the best with whatever is going on .m.....
There was just a massive amount of crap left from a ton of plugins, so I decided to go ahead with the revert to 1.6, properly disable plugins, re-upgrade to 1.8 and put the users, posts, threads which had happened while we were on 1.8.

I dropped from new 1.8 upgrade and replaced from the 1.8 backup:

users
usertitles
usergroups
userfields
threads
I then did recount rebuild of everything and cache rebuild.

did I miss anything important in regards to posts/threads/users, or anything else important that should go with these?
from a quick recall of the database tables , privatemessages & reputation might be also important
Right. I'd done privatemessages too. Thank you, forgot to mention that one. Reputation system have never used (use simplelikes as Rep).... Thought maybe I'd missed something related to users or forums because registeredlinks not working as before in 1.6...

But I just tested a forum with the entire 1.8 backup (no dropped tabled etc..) and still not working, so it appears to be something 1.8?

https://community.mybb.com/thread-215252.html