MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Warning (custom pages)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm currently working on utilizing my warning system in a way that I can use it to store a log of the currency our players have earned on site.  I've edited the warning form template to look how I want it - What we want to do is to make the 'notes' box where we store the information.  So the template itself is pretty simple:  I have the notes/pm notify and the 'warn' button.  

[Image: BH1ZndD.png]

I removed the coding for the custom warning type coding out of the template as I just want to utilize the notes box only.  However - I am having some difficulties actually getting JUST the notes box to appear.  What I would like to have is that when a user views their list of 'warnings' they can see the details box - which I believe is the Administration Notes section.. 

I attempted to utilize the 'Custom warning' so that it would show on the front of their warnings list - as for some reason when I change the front of the warnings list to display {$notes} it doesn't work, but the box is only a single line, despite any type of attempts I have to code it into a textarea.  In addition - the submit button still requires you to have a 'administration note' put in in the box above.  So I can utilize the warning system like this without much issue.  (I've had to add a 'custom' warning to it because the php throws an error if I don't have something selected..So I've added a 'addition/subtraction' set of radio buttons that are there only to make the error message happy.)

I have added an image of what I'd /like/ to have the front page of this warning section look like - but I am uncertain as to how I need to code the template so it Shows what I have coded for the the warning _detail_ on the front page with the multiple warnings.  I'm not sure if I have to go in and do some php code edits so that it spins through the array and outputs that into the $warnings that the first one pulls.

I have some images of what I'd like to have the front warning box look like - and what I have the 'detail view' of the individual warnings coded like... Which obviously works.  But I can't get it to translate to the main warnings page.

[Image: ZLJTZKh.png]
This is what the 'detail' of the individual warning looks like - this information is pulled from the {$notes} section in the first image.  Formatted how we want to have it on the site.  Ideally - this would be separated from the next warning entry by a hr tag, and the formatting would repeat.  An image of what I was thinking is below.. Please forgive the horrible colors - it's what I happened to pick for the different sections.

[Image: I1oFvBx.png]

[Image: RK6wRPz.png]

This is what it looks like from the 'front page' of the warning log.  

So I guess my question is - How do I get the {$notes} to show up on the front page of the users warning log, with multiple entries per page?
Have you tryed using some plugin for that like https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=94

It wozld be more suitable for your needs in my opinion.
We are using the newpoints plugin. However we can't add entries for what each thing was earner. We have more things that earn currency utside of just posting. And would lile somewhere that we can log if they claimed those points already and what they spent them on. This is just a place for logging. The newpoints system is where we store the actual currency values.

For example, by threading with a new character, they can claim 1 point outside what they would get just for posting. But as far as I am aware, I can't see a place for that in newpoints to keep logs of the "extra" stuff they have earned
Casual bump because still trying to make this work <3