MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accidently Banned All Accounts Somehow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm aware of how people pity those that ban themselves, "oh my god, they banned themselves, what an imbecile!", but the reasoning for it is understandable.

Recently I had a few spambots join my forum, all with the same IP address. After realizing I had spambots, I quickly rushed to my administrative panel and that is where it happened.

I figured that banning all users under their IP of registration would restrict them from registering more accounts, well... it did.. in a way heh. Since I've set user registration to be manual, I have to activate their accounts myself, therefore it sets their registration to my IP. That's the only good enough reasoning I can find for how this happened.

To conclude the story, everyone is banned from the forums, even myself which I think is ridiculous. I cannot login to the forums let alone access the administrative panel. I do however have FTP file access if that helps.

Looking forward to a reply, as this is quite the nuisance.

Forum url: Puissant Royale
Venk.
Lol even I'm banned even though it's my first time even visiting your forum.
Do you have any plugins that stops spam bots etc? Because this could be a plugin causing this, there's no way for me to be auto banned unless you have a plugin or something that bans countries instead of ips.

List all your plugins here also read this maybe it will help a little if you have cloudflare enabled.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-104049.html
(2018-01-03, 09:03 AM)Venk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm aware of how people pity those that ban themselves, "oh my god, they banned themselves, what an imbecile!", but the reasoning for it is understandable.

Recently I had a few spambots join my forum, all with the same IP address. After realizing I had spambots, I quickly rushed to my administrative panel and that is where it happened.

I figured that banning all users under their IP of registration would restrict them from registering more accounts, well... it did.. in a way heh. Since I've set user registration to be manual, I have to activate their accounts myself, therefore it sets their registration to my IP. That's the only good enough reasoning I can find for how this happened.

To conclude the story, everyone is banned from the forums, even myself which I think is ridiculous. I cannot login to the forums let alone access the administrative panel. I do however have FTP file access if that helps.

Venk.

Try and access your admin panel LINK REMOVED and see if you can login and undo the change there.
(2018-01-04, 01:31 AM)MisterW Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-03, 09:03 AM)Venk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm aware of how people pity those that ban themselves, "oh my god, they banned themselves, what an imbecile!", but the reasoning for it is understandable.

Venk.

Try and access your admin panel http://forum.puissantroyale.ml/admin/ and see if you can login and undo the change there.
Absolute legend, I completely forgot to try the admin login. Worked like a charm, thank you.
(2018-01-04, 02:02 AM)Venk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-04, 01:31 AM)MisterW Wrote: [ -> ]

Venk.

Try and access your admin panel LINK REMOVED and see if you can login and undo the change there.
Absolute legend, I completely forgot to try the admin login. Worked like a charm, thank you.

You are very welcome, glad you now have access to your forum.