MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix Footer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I've been working on a theme for an anime forum project I'll be doing. I've been working on the Index page first, and I've ran into a problem.

I usually do everything on Inspect Element then transfer it over, and so I ended up getting this on Inspect Element as my end product:

[Image: Dlgr3dB.png]

But I've been working on transfering it over, but I've just been getting this every attempt I make:

[img][Image: ow8BFZW.png][/img]

If you can't tell what's happening,

The Footer rises above the boardstats and tfoot, how can I fix this? I want it to go

Boardstats
Footer
tfoot

But instead I'm getting:

Footer
Boardstats
tfoot

Here's a link so you can take a look if needed: http://senpai.x10.mx/mybb/index.php

This is really holding progress on this theme back, so if anyone could help with a quick answer I'd appreciate it a whole lot!

Thanks.
In index_boardstats template you should add a <tr> with a <td> inside, before the last <tr> and inside it you should add the footer code.
(2018-01-04, 12:04 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]In index_boardstats template you should add a <tr> with a <td> inside, before the last <tr> and inside it you should add the footer code.

Hmm I've tried that, but the outcome seems to remain the same :/
Can you post the template here I'll try to make it.

Anyway you are using html5 tags but the doctype is XHTML 1.0 Transitional, you shouldn't use them.

Anothey issue I found are this codes:
<avatarep_uid_[1]>

They are not parsed, so I think last poster avatar plugin is not activated.
(2018-01-04, 12:31 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the template here I'll try to make it.

Anyway you are using html5 tags but the doctype is XHTML 1.0 Transitional, you shouldn't use them.

Anothey issue I found are this codes:
<avatarep_uid_[1]>

They are not parsed, so I think last poster avatar plugin is not activated.

Yeah I switched editing the theme from my actual forum to a test site for some reasons, and the plugin isn't active on the test site.

Here's the Templates:

Index_boardstats:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="thead{$collapsedthead['boardstats']}">
<div><strong>{$lang->boardstats}</strong></div>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody style="{$collapsed['boardstats_e']}" id="boardstats_e">
{$whosonline}
{$birthdays}
{$forumstats}
	{$footer}
	<tr>
	<td class="tfoot" style="text-align: center">
		<span class="smalltext">
				<a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> |
				<a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> |
				<a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> |
				<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=markread{$post_code_string}">{$lang->bottomlinks_markread}</a> |
				<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a> |
			{$logoutlink}
			<a href="showteam.php">{$lang->forumteam}</a>
			{$statspage}
		</span>
	</td>
</tr>

</tbody>
</table>
<br />

&

Footer
<footer id="footer-menu" style="
    footer#footer-menu {     width: 100%;
    background: #222;
    display: -webkit-box;
    display: -webkit-flex;
    display: -ms-flexbox;
    display: flex;
    border-top: 1px solid #2c2c2c; }
    width: 100%;
    background: #131313;
    display: -webkit-box;
    display: -webkit-flex;
    display: -ms-flexbox;
    display: flex;
    border-top: 1px solid #232323;
"> <section style="
    width: 20%;
    padding: 10px;
    color: #777;
    border-left: 1px solid #111;
    border-right: 1px solid #232323;
"> <h4>Placeholder</h4> <ul> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php" target="_blank">Placeholder</a></li> </ul> </section> <section style="
"> <h4>Placeholder</h4> <ul> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php" target="_blank">Placeholder</a></li> </ul> </section> <section style="
"> <h4>Placeholder</h4> <ul> 
<li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li>
 <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li>
 <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> </ul> </section> <section style="
"> <h4>Placeholder</h4> <ul> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> <li><a href="index.php">Placeholder</a></li> </ul> </section> <section style="
    border-right: 1px solid #111;
"> <h4>Placeholder</h4> <ul> <li> <a href="index.php" target="_blank">Placeholder</a> </li> <li> <a href="index.php" target="_blank">Placeholder</a> </li> <li> <a href="index.php">Placeholder</a> </li> <li> <a href="index.php">Placeholder</a> </li> </ul> </section> </div>
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
</div>

This is a Learning experience for me, so I've used older themes to reference code and edit it etc. Anyways if you could manage to help me fix this that'd be wonderful!

Thanks
change index_boardstats with this:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<thead>
<tr>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
{$whosonline}
{$birthdays}
{$forumstats}
    <tr><td>{$footer}</td></tr>
    <tr>
        <span class="smalltext">
                <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=markread{$post_code_string}">{$lang->bottomlinks_markread}</a> |
                <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a> |
            {$logoutlink}
            {$statspage}
        </span>
    </td>
</tr>

</tbody>
</table>
<br />
(2018-01-04, 05:58 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]change index_boardstats with this:
<thead>
<tr>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
{$whosonline}
{$birthdays}
{$forumstats}
    <tr><td>{$footer}</td></tr>
    <tr>
        <span class="smalltext">
            {$logoutlink}
            {$statspage}
        </span>
    </td>
</tr>

</tbody>
</table>
<br />

Ah it worked, thanks a lot Chack! Smile
I Appreciate the quick help.