MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-04, 11:32 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]So is there a chance of releasing 1.9 this month? We really need a responsive mybb.

No... judging from the graph that I saw of the work completed, it's around 55% complete.

A lot more stuff needs to be done if you were to review the link as shown in post #109.

I'm predicting this won't be released until late this year. November/December timeframe. (My guess, not factual)
(2018-06-07, 11:43 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-04, 11:32 AM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]So is there a chance of releasing 1.9 this month? We really need a responsive mybb.

No... judging from the graph that I saw of the work completed, it's around 55% complete.

A lot more stuff needs to be done if you were to review the link as shown in post #109.

I'm predicting this won't be released until late this year. November/December timeframe. (My guess, not factual)

I hope it doesn't take that long. Undecided
(2018-06-08, 03:15 PM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2972

We make no promises, as always, but work is coming along nicely with the 1.9 Twig upgrade.

799 of 943 templates have been converted already, that's about 85% complete.
(2018-06-08, 03:23 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]

We make no promises, as always, but work is coming along nicely with the 1.9 Twig upgrade.

That sounds great. I hate to be so demanding considering it's free but I really hope it's finished by the end of this summer. You have to realize how important a responsive website is nowadays. I would gladly help if I could but I'm not a programmer or web developer. I was under the impression that it would be released by now.
(2018-06-08, 04:07 PM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]

That sounds great. I hate to be so demanding considering it's free but I really hope it's finished by the end of this summer. You have to realize how important a responsive website is nowadays. I would gladly help if I could but I'm not a programmer or web developer. I was under the impression that it would be released by now.

the best way for us to get it out sooner rather than later is to get help from the community. right now there's only a few people working on the twig conversion, which is a massive undertaking.

I believe only Justin is working on the new responsive theme for 1.9, which is also a massive undertaking as well...
(2018-06-08, 06:49 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-08, 04:07 PM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-07, 11:43 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]No... judging from the graph that I saw of the work completed, it's around 55% complete.

the best way for us to get it out sooner rather than later is to get help from the community.  right now there's only a few people working on the twig conversion, which is a massive undertaking.

I believe only Justin is working on the new responsive theme for 1.9, which is also a massive undertaking as well...

Note that one of the ways people can help is the most important: testing. Justin has a live board which shows what he's working on with the new theme, and we will have a live demo board for 1.9 available too once we're at the stage where it's ready to show. Right now, it looks exactly like 1.8 (which is by design) but once it starts looking different, we'll be looking for people to dig about and find any issues they can.
interesting all Post!

developments...  keep walking... Smile
+1
(2018-06-08, 09:27 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Note that one of the ways people can help is the most important: testing. Justin has a live board which shows what he's working on with the new theme, and we will have a live demo board for 1.9 available too once we're at the stage where it's ready to show. Right now, it looks exactly like 1.8 (which is by design) but once it starts looking different, we'll be looking for people to dig about and find any issues they can.

Will you be looking for people that know coding or will you also want people just to play around and report back ?

If it's the latter I would be happy to spend some time testing things out, but if it's the coding side I'm afraid I wouldn’t be of much help to you.
Just play around with every possible events and report any issue you find.
(2018-06-10, 07:09 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Just play around with every possible events and report any issue you find.

Then count me in, I would like to try and do more for MyBB if I can.