MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-16, 04:24 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-14, 07:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, no experience with code will be necessary. We need testers to test the new version as thoroughly as possible, and ideally we'll want people who use things such as right to left language packs to test a lot to ensure that that kind of thing still works properly.

I can assist in the testing phase of the new version of MyBB.

What I can do is create an identical website of mine using a subdomain with the exception of the database prefix being slightly different as to prevent confusion (on my part) with the actual live database being used.

Who do I contact to be a tester of the new versions of MyBB? Or someone can contact me via PM.

Any response to this?
(2018-06-16, 03:30 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 04:24 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-14, 07:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, no experience with code will be necessary. We need testers to test the new version as thoroughly as possible, and ideally we'll want people who use things such as right to left language packs to test a lot to ensure that that kind of thing still works properly.

I can assist in the testing phase of the new version of MyBB.

What I can do is create an identical website of mine using a subdomain with the exception of the database prefix being slightly different as to prevent confusion (on my part) with the actual live database being used.

Who do I contact to be a tester of the new versions of MyBB? Or someone can contact me via PM.

Any response to this?

There's not really anybody that you need to contact. All of the source code and work is both public and open to everyone. You can download the current code for 1.9 at any time and watch and review any new additions by looking for PRs that have the 1.9 label, using this link: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pulls?q=is%...abel%3A1.9
Sorry i am new in test development 1.9, so my questions maybe they do not make sense

Server Info:
PHP: 7.1.16
SQL Engine: MySQLi 10.1.30

Information of Test:
1. Download the develop/1.9 Git branch
2. Upload the files mybb-develop-1.9  and setting the config file and folders setting
3. Install its very easy...  enter the informations and admin control panel, ok
4. In the View Forum its a Blank Page
5. in the ACP | Tools & Maintenance >> File Verification » usercp2.php Display Missing File but not download with the develop/1.9 Git branch

I do not know how to continue testing since the forum appears blank pages... tomorrow continue...
It's likely because you're missing the inc/vendor folder. To create it, you will need to install Composer, then run the following command:

composer install

This will create the missing files.
Hi, can i ask how does it look with the new version and when will it be released ?
If it's worth installing version 1.8 and do not prefer the new version.

Thanks
When it's ready. We can't give any estimate as we don't want to give false hopes. 1.9 will likely include an upgrader so you'll be safe to update from 1.8 when it's out.
(2018-06-16, 03:40 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There's not really anybody that you need to contact. All of the source code and work is both public and open to everyone.

So does this mean there will not be a test site unless we download our own version ?

When you said "We need testers to test the new version as thoroughly as possible" I thought that would be on a live forum hosted by MyBB.

If there is going to be a live forum that I can help test then I'm still in, but if it means downloading my own version I'm afraid I won't be able to help.
(2018-06-18, 11:16 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-16, 03:40 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There's not really anybody that you need to contact. All of the source code and work is both public and open to everyone.

So does this mean there will not be a test site unless we download our own version ?

When you said "We need testers to test the new version as thoroughly as possible" I thought that would be on a live forum hosted by MyBB.

If there is going to be a live forum that I can help test then I'm still in, but if it means downloading my own version I'm afraid I won't be able to help.

The installation process will be similar to that of 1.8 in the foreseeable future (copying PHP files without having to use Composer), so at some point we'll either start providing "compiled" packages or automate the process altogether (making it possible to run the latest development version on shared hosts, etc.). These should be made available no later than alpha and/or beta releases for 1.9, and it's possible that (semi-)official test boards will be maintained as well.
There will be test boards as things progress, but at the moment with things moving so much, maintaining a single test install live takes quite a lot of effort.

When we get to the beta stage, this forum will likely be updated, or at least mirrored to a beta version.
Aha thank you both, now I understand.

Smile