MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to report a bug (on 1.8) regarding HTTP status codes, but after searching for existing similar issues on GitHub I found this:

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2864

And I saw it was labeled "enhancement" and "1.9" so I'll be writing here, even though I'd tend to consider this a bug that could be pretty serious. So I wanted to add that I noticed MyBB returns status 200 also when the board is in maintenance mode (set offline in the settings). I believe this is actually pretty dangerous because if a search engine sees status 200 on a page it will think you have replaced all the content with the maintenance notice, and it will index that instead. What is suggested is to use the right code, 503 (service unavailable), maybe also with a retry-after header. That way search engines will just go away, not index anything, and come back later to try again. Googling for "maintenance 503" or something like that will bring up several sources that recommend doing this, including Google: https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2011/0...ntime.html
I read the latest blog about MyBB developers focusing on the 1.9.0 and up and not worry about the 2.0 series.

That's great news!

However, I am wondering about any pending incremental updates for the 1.8.xx series.

Are the updates for the 1.8.xx still going to be on-going? If so, for how long?

*OR*

Are the developers going to jump into developing the 1.9.0 and up series and stop the updates on the 1.8.xx series?
Incremental updates are still coming to 1.8*. In fact, 1.8.16 is right around the corner.
(2018-07-02, 12:15 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Incremental updates are still coming to 1.8*. In fact, 1.8.16 is right around the corner.

Please tell me that it has the updated SCeditor with tables included (pretty please!)
Nope, It carries the same version of SCEditor.
(2018-07-02, 08:17 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, It carries the same version of SCEditor.

No problem - I just had a look at the GitHub, and note that you are waiting for 2.2 to be released (by then maybe 1.9 will be up and running!)

Back on to the topic of the thread, have you guys decided on what editor to use for 1.9? Are you just sticking to SCEditor?
More or less its decided to use TinyMCE as the editor for 1.9
(2018-07-02, 12:15 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Incremental updates are still coming to 1.8*. In fact, 1.8.16 is right around the corner.

I kind of figured that 1.8.16 is coming out soon as I saw it was 100% completed in Github.

But... when does the focus on the incremental updates stop on the 1.8.xx series so that the direction of the developers is on the 1.9.xx series?

That was my question.
1. 1.8.16 is probably the last feature update for 1.8.x series.
2. Focus is already diverted to develop 1.9 series completely and much of the works already done.
3. With the release of 1.8.16 there with be only releases for bug fixes and security patches and extended support.
4. MyBB developers are already deviated many feature requests / fixes to do it directly in 1.9 branch to expedite development.
5. All the above statements are only as per my knowledge gathered from watching Github and not the voice of the team.
Is the demo link of the production site for 1.9 still available?