MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can comment on the theme system work:

I've got some stuff working for it locally, but need to polish and finish it up before pushing a pull request for it. I'm hoping to get to that stage this week.

There are some other PRs that are currently open that need finishing and testing, like the switch to SwiftMailer and changing the front end editor.
Did the mybb forums already change to 1,9?
(2018-10-14, 11:08 PM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]Did the mybb forums already change to 1,9?

I don't think so. 

I think they are checking out the theme.

My opinion is that MyBB.com should NOT roll out the new 1.9.xx theme before the actual release date.

Why?

To prevent confusion among new and old admins who may be wondering why their default MyBB theme doesn't look like the "new" default MyBB theme that we are seeing at this time of this post.

(my very first thought when I saw the new theme was "Oh, did they release 1.9.xx already?")

I honestly think that a test website of MyBB.com is the proper place to check and verify that everything is in order.

I would suggest to MyBB.com staff to revert back to the 1.8.19 default theme and allow others to visit the test website.
(2018-10-14, 11:08 PM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]Did the mybb forums already change to 1,9?

no, we just rolled out the new mybb.com site design ahead of 1.9. We were originally going to launch both together but rather than holding back the new responsive website, we decided to release it separately to get it off our plate and so the entire site (minus the forum) is responsive now.
[Image: 2ad6461089fe096c435331995fd32ba1.png]

Change the Forum Is Closed icon color shading to red or reddish/gray so that it's easy to see it in the forum listing.
(2018-10-14, 11:59 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 2ad6461089fe096c435331995fd32ba1.png]

Change the Forum Is Closed icon color shading to red or reddish/gray so that it's easy to see it in the forum listing.

That is just a minor CSS issue. Should be fixed once the CSS cache clears.
Wow, mybb.com looks great. I think that's a great move.
Forum looks really great! Is the 1.9 version going to look like this website or will it stay like this:

https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9/

It's good too but this one is better.
(2018-10-15, 01:43 PM)lomazzo Wrote: [ -> ]Forum looks really great! Is the 1.9 version going to look like this website or will it stay like this:

https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9/

It's good too but this one is better.

Eventually this site will look like the one you linked.
Is one of the developers from MyBB team using SketchApp for designing the new MyBB 1.9.xx theme?