MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I look in to new index template
Now we have settings and permissions in template?
(2018-11-27, 09:55 AM)Supryk Wrote: [ -> ]I look in to new index template
Now we have settings and permissions in template?

Yes, the new template system (Twig) supports conditionals, loops, etc inside templates.
I was wondering if a "go back to top" icon would be useful in the new theme as you scroll. I haven't seen it in the demo online, and I wonder if it's worth including it. Now there's a link in the footer for this, but what I mean is kind of like a button that is always there while you scroll (I think I know what I mean, you definitely have seen it on many other websites).

On one hand it can be ugly because it always wastes some space for nothing. On the other hand it can be useful because on mobile threads can be very very long to scroll, and a user might want to go back up quickly pretty often (either to see the non-sticky menu, or to change page or section using the links at the top of each page).

EDIT: maybe I'm wrong when I say the button would always be there. I guess on some sites it just appears when you scroll up.

What do you guys think?
(2018-11-28, 06:39 PM)reed Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if a "go back to top" icon would be useful in the new theme as you scroll. I haven't seen it in the demo online, and I wonder if it's worth including it. Now there's a link in the footer for this, but what I mean is kind of like a button that is always there while you scroll (I think I know what I mean, you definitely have seen it on many other websites).

On one hand it can be ugly because it always wastes some space for nothing. On the other hand it can be useful because on mobile threads can be very very long to scroll, and a user might want to go back up quickly pretty often (either to see the non-sticky menu, or to change page or section using the links at the top of each page).

EDIT: maybe I'm wrong when I say the button would always be there. I guess on some sites it just appears when you scroll up.

What do you guys think?

I think it is useful but on mobile you can collapse forums so you won't have categories very long.
You can just open these which you'll need most.
Hello, I would like to start my new forum on a new 1.9. version.
In the pictures what i saw, the new version looks great.

Can you tell me the approximate date when version 1.9 will be available? 

It looks like it's done in the pictures.
May I ask if you add new smileys (emoi, emojione or something similar)?

[attachment=41299][attachment=41300][attachment=41301][attachment=41302]
(2018-11-30, 11:32 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to start my new forum on a new 1.9. version.
In the pictures what i saw, the new version looks great.

Can you tell me the approximate date when version 1.9 will be available? 

Please read this POST.
(2018-11-30, 11:32 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me the approximate date when version 1.9 will be available? 

No, we do not have a set release date for 1.9. There is still work to be done, both on the theme and the back-end, before 1.9 will be ready to be released.

(2018-11-30, 11:32 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like it's done in the pictures.

The new theme is about 90% complete. Four pictures don't come anywhere close to showing the entirety of MyBB...
Hello folks, 

I cant read all these pages, but the most important thing that must be implemented with a new theme which is mobile friendly and at the same time compatible for desktop.

Best regards.
(2018-12-05, 01:22 PM)mhh_rabih Wrote: [ -> ]Hello folks, 

I cant read all these pages, but the most important thing that must be implemnted is a new theme is is mobile friendly and at the same time of desktop.

Best regards.

https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9/
(2018-11-30, 12:51 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-30, 11:32 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me the approximate date when version 1.9 will be available? 

No, we do not have a set release date for 1.9. There is still work to be done, both on the theme and the back-end, before 1.9 will be ready to be released.

(2018-11-30, 11:32 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like it's done in the pictures.

The new theme is about 90% complete. Four pictures don't come anywhere close to showing the entirety of MyBB...

Still looks great so far.  Smile

In any case, it won't be finished this month I'd figure.

Don't burn yourselves out over December.  Wink