MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-12-06, 01:12 PM)New Rogernomics Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-30, 12:51 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-30, 11:32 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me the approximate date when version 1.9 will be available? 

No, we do not have a set release date for 1.9. There is still work to be done, both on the theme and the back-end, before 1.9 will be ready to be released.

(2018-11-30, 11:32 AM)PT82 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like it's done in the pictures.

The new theme is about 90% complete. Four pictures don't come anywhere close to showing the entirety of MyBB...

Still looks great so far.  Smile

In any case, it won't be finished this month I'd figure.

Don't burn yourselves out over December.  Wink

even if the theme were to be finished today, there's still other work to do to get 1.9 finished up enough to get out an alpha or beta release.
So the major changes in 1.9 are going to be the addition of Twig and the new theme, and the new theme is responsive right?
(2018-12-22, 09:10 PM)Tactrus Wrote: [ -> ]So the major changes in 1.9 are going to be the addition of Twig and the new theme, and the new theme is responsive right?

As has been stated time and time again, yes.
With my full respect for the development team
I do not underestimate the value of their work and their efforts and they know voluntarily.
But there are key things to keep in mind in a forum script or content management:
1- Compatibility with the SiO.
2- sitemap generator system
3- Compatibility with mobile display
4- Support text direction from left to right as well as from right to left so as to facilitate the design of templates.

This has to be done basically. And its important properties
(2018-12-29, 03:12 PM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]4-  Support text direction from left to right as well as from right to left so as to facilitate the design of templates.

This is not required in core and is best left to a plug-in.

The other three points are being worked on.
(2018-12-29, 10:44 PM)بBen Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-29, 03:12 PM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]4-  Support text direction from left to right as well as from right to left so as to facilitate the design of templates.

Not required by you, we Arab users need this modification
But you seem to hate Arabs and do not want them
(2018-12-31, 01:50 AM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-29, 10:44 PM)بBen Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Not required by you, we Arab users need this modification

Oh for f—

Core modifications are made that will benefit the majority of users. The majority of users do not require RTL. Ergo, it should be a plugin.

Nothing to do with my love, or hate, of the Arabic. I assure you, I don’t hate the Arabic. I hate lots of things but you certainly are not one of them. Your assertion that I do is insulting.
The 1.9 theme will have built in RTL support.

Because the new theme has been developed with Sass, we are able to include a RTL helper that can automatically switch right/left padding, margins, floats, alignments, etc by just changing one variable in the theme.
(2018-12-31, 01:50 AM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]Not required by you, we Arab users need this modification

Making false statements such as these are NOT NECESSARY!

You need to understand that insulting other people without any basis of fact is 100% WRONG!
(2018-12-31, 01:50 AM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]Not required by you, we Arab users need this modification

I just wanted to say Happy New Year, and thanks again to the MyBB development team for their continuing work on MyBB 1.9. I am not a developer, but am an experienced forum moderator - and I can make a small contribution in the form of advice:

On every forum, people show up making divisive and victimizing statements - don't take the bait, and don't take it personally. You are creating awesome, open-source software that is free, and the vast majority of users appreciate it, in spite of perceived limitations. 

Abdurhman, just because the developers - who are from a variety of cultures and backgrounds - don't share your idea of what should be core to THEIR software, that does not make them racist. Obviously you are frustrated the free software available doesn't include features YOU want, but accusing the developers of being racist is a very lazy rationalization which frames you as a victim of something that is free. For the sake of the community, I suggest you apologize to the developers.

Thank you.