MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-15, 09:17 AM)hohonace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-15, 07:44 AM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-15, 05:07 AM)hohonace Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm new to the community. Is it possible to know about when the new version will be release?

Other than a vague 'this year' we can't really say much more. MyBB is a volunteer project, we work on this software in our spare time and without being paid for it - so development can often be slow.

Where can I start to contribute?

https://github.com/mybb
Did a quick search but only one thread showed up in the support forum.

Will there be any image compression added to 1.XX in the future? This is something that I always wanted and I think it's missing on any forum, something like WhatsApp that takes XXMB photo and compress it over to a few hundred KBs

Thanks
J
(2019-04-15, 04:11 PM)yulasinio Wrote: [ -> ]Did a quick search but only one thread showed up in the support forum.

Will there be any image compression added to 1.XX in the future?  This is something that I always wanted and I think it's missing on any forum, something like WhatsApp that takes XXMB photo and compress it over to a few hundred KBs

Thanks
J

We have no plans currently to introduce such a feature into MyBB - but as always these plans can be subject to change if enough people ask for something.
Thanks kawaii, is there anywhere I can add it as an official request? I'm sure we are not the only ones that would like to see this feature more than anything else. Is the only way we can fight the social media platforms.
(2019-04-16, 01:04 PM)yulasinio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks kawaii, is there anywhere I can add it as an official request?  I'm sure we are not the only ones that would like to see this feature more than anything else.  Is the only way we can fight the social media platforms.

This would be the place to make any such suggestions: https://community.mybb.com/forum-199.html
When the release will be released. At the expense of developers talk that at the end of 2018!
(2019-05-12, 12:33 AM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]When the release will be released. At the expense of developers talk that at the end of 2018!

not at the momment.. maybe 2020, maybe 2030 ?? Big Grin
we need a type of person thinking like businessman.. Make mybb great again..

All i can see is mybb got no future with current progress.. Too slow..
Yes. You are absolutely right.
(2019-05-12, 12:33 AM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]When the release will be released. At the expense of developers talk that at the end of 2018!

(2019-05-30, 08:30 PM)gamemaster Wrote: [ -> ]we need a type of person thinking like businessman.. Make mybb great again..

All i can see is mybb got no future with current progress.. Too slow..

(2019-05-31, 01:31 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. You are absolutely right.

It's obvious that some people just do not understand the concept of volunteering.

All of those developers are volunteers and none of them get paid for coding incremental updates for the current MyBB version. Nor do any of the coders/programmers get paid for the upcoming MyBB 1.9.xx version.

Many of those volunteers have other jobs that pay them a wage/salary. That takes priority first!

Give them a break and stop making comments that are downright rude and disrespectful.

Making these kinds of posts are not going to make these volunteers work faster.

If anything... it might backfire on you.

If you are a coder/programmer... instead of running your mouth off... why don't you help out?

Just maybe... MyBB releases will come out faster.

For those who do not code or are not able to program software... be patient and let it be!

End of my rant!