MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an estimated release date for this?
Because it's been 2 years!!!!!!!!!!

And if no, is there a Beta Download? :/
(2021-04-29, 11:43 PM)Cookie000 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an estimated release date for this?
Because it's been 2 years!!!!!!!!!!

And if no, is there a Beta Download? :/

Have you not read the last several dozen pages?

To summarize, Cookie:

1.9 is still in development, Euan T is leading what's known as a local rebase. This incorporates bugfixes and changes from MyBB 1.8's later branch into the 1.9 codebase. This process is not carried out on a Git repo directly for very good reasons, so there's no tangible way for us to prove this -- we have to trust that Euan, a long time contributor, is being honest.

There is no "beta". Stop being impatient, your attitude and the attitude of others is unappreciative of what is a free, open source project developed by a small team. If you want changes to move faster, hire a developer and have him talk to the MyBB team about assigning him some duties. Be prepared to pay a lot; developers like that love to charge everything. I am myself not a very good PHP dev, so that's why I try to respect the work of people working their butts off.

Your posts, and the posts of others, are the equivalent of "are we there yet?" while you're in a car with an adult driving. If Euan and others spent all the time committing every smol thing and writing blogs and documentations, we would still be arguing about this a decade from now. You are not entitled to an explanation anymore than I or the thousands who use MyBB in production do.
Said by a man wiser than I.
Quote:We live on the knife edge, always seeking balance. And one man's equilibrium is another man's finger on the scales.

Patience, grasshopper.

Wink
ok.. :/
(2021-04-30, 04:00 PM)Cookie000 Wrote: [ -> ]ok.. :/

Actually, it is a lie that there is no beta. If you know how to use composer, you could actually push the 1.9 from GitHub to a webserver.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/tree/develop/1.9

- I'm saying it as I already have a few working samples of the version (or prior versions) from GitHub, I don't use it in a production environment though.

Although I say it is possible, don't expect any support or help in doing so, as 1.9 is still under development and is not a supported release.
(2021-04-30, 04:00 PM)Cookie000 Wrote: [ -> ]ok.. :/
Check out phpBB or Vanilla, it is up to date. I just started messing with Vanilla, it's better then I thought it was. phpBB just released 3.3.4 which now has even more php 8.0 support.
I am sure MyBB will never be upgraded to 1.9 we had that progress for a couple of years, most of the people who worked with mybb just left, they bought premium forums or they deleted their forums, I see so many forums been upgrading except MyBB I hope this community will work on it and make it epic and perfect cause they should make features you can install modules on the forum itself instead of downloading the plugins all the time.
Yeah, a nice feature would be to input the link to the MyBB plugin's page and have MyBB automatically download and install it.
MyBB 1.9 is coming Heart
Looking to the Future
nice Big Grin