MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we look forward to it
Do you have a date?
(2021-06-17, 02:26 PM)Ricsca Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a date?

No, we don't give out set dates, unfortunately.
(2021-06-17, 02:34 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-17, 02:26 PM)Ricsca Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a date?

No, we don't give out set dates, unfortunately.
Any update on how far along the final rebase is in like a percentage 80%, 90%?
As far as I am aware the only remaining work for the rebase is to include the 1.8.27 fixes.
isn't it better if we had on MyBB version 1.9 a new forum CMS that includes, downloads, a shop may be where members can sell items, a gallery, something related like Premium Forum Systems but then for FREE, a page where streamers can post their twitch channels and it will be posted on that page? I bet if this happens people will come back to MyBB?
it's cause most of these forums have an option where you drag and drop the module (Plugin) to any location in the forums.

I know it sounds easy than it is, but I remember we had an option for a shop in 1.4 and it was great people loved it.
If you MyBB (Developers) ever need better ideas for the software ask your community what they think about and maybe they could help you out.

I love MyBB cause it is easy to use and really friendly to everyone that loves coding.
(2021-06-24, 12:32 PM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]isn't it better if we had on MyBB version 1.9 a new forum CMS that includes, downloads, a shop may be where members can sell items, a gallery, something related like Premium Forum Systems but then for FREE, a page where streamers can post their twitch channels and it will be posted on that page? I bet if this happens people will come back to MyBB?
it's cause most of these forums have an option where you drag and drop the module (Plugin) to any location in the forums.

I know it sounds easy than it is, but I remember we had an option for a shop in 1.4 and it was great people loved it.
If you MyBB (Developers) ever need better ideas for the software ask your community what they think about and maybe they could help you out.

I love MyBB cause it is easy to use and really friendly to everyone that loves coding.

I think these would be better left as plugins, maybe official plugins. 

Kind of like how other softwares such as phpBB or Wordpress where they have actual official plugins so you know it will be kept up to date.

Right now the focus should just be on getting 1.9 in a beta release and getting it stable rather then adding any additional features to its core.
Yeah, that's major feature-creep. Not interested.
(2021-06-24, 12:32 PM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]isn't it better if we had on MyBB version 1.9 a new forum CMS that includes, downloads, a shop may be where members can sell items, a gallery, something related like Premium Forum Systems but then for FREE, a page where streamers can post their twitch channels and it will be posted on that page? I bet if this happens people will come back to MyBB?

I honestly do not understand why the lot of you beg the MyBB dev team for Premium features for Free but can’t just invest in your forum and Buy the custom features you all so desire like the rest of us? Stop expecting hand outs. Plain and simple if you aren’t willing to Invest your forum is going to fail regardless, stop being cheap. No empire was built on handouts.
None of these things will be core features, MyBB is forum software, not a CMS or gallery or shop or software for Twitch streamers to post channels (which is way too niche for any forum software to include as a 1st party feature). There's a plugin system for a reason. We barely have the resources to manage the existing software these days, we won't be branching out into a whole software suite.