MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-07-16, 01:23 AM)jimski Wrote: [ -> ]1. This is alleged improvement. Reducing performance, and adding bloatware and complexity, in exchange for security gains, may be perceived by some as improvement and by others as deteriorations and degradation.
How is this an allegation? MyBB encourages users to customize their forums by adding 3rd party themes or editing their templates by themselves. You can't expect the average user (with no to limited PHP skills) to write secure PHP templates or being able to identify malicious code. You are suggesting something that is less secure than the templates we have just because it is a tiny bit faster.
(2022-07-16, 01:23 AM)jimski Wrote: [ -> ]3. As far as MIT license is concerned you already changed the license to BSD-3 when you published the code repository for version 2.O. So if changing the license to BSD wasn't a problem back then why suddenly changing the license would be a problem right now?
MyBB 2.0 was supposed to be written from scratch. It doesn't use any LGPL licensed code from MyBB 1.8.
(2022-07-16, 06:50 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 2.0 was supposed to be written from scratch. It doesn't use any LGPL licensed code from MyBB 1.8.

Ah, that explains it. Makes sense. Thanks.
Quote:Therefore, aside from any arguments as to which theme system is preferable, I think it's best that we continue to develop what we've got (a responsive Twig-based theme system) despite any potential criticisms that might be made of it.

Hard to argue against the "point of no return" situation.
(2022-07-16, 05:23 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Therefore, aside from any arguments as to which theme system is preferable, I think it's best that we continue to develop what we've got (a responsive Twig-based theme system) despite any potential criticisms that might be made of it.

Hard to argue against the "point of no return" situation.

I've switched to WordPress. Mybb is great. But I am starting to feel like there is going to be some very angry clients and customers if mybb 1.9 takes place. I understand code and security is constantly changing by evolving. So there is nothing we can really do except deal with it. I wish mybb the best of luck with there endeavors.
Dear MyBB Developers,
When will MyBBy 1.9 (Mobile Responsive Friendly Version) be released? I am tired of waiting so please tell me the release date of MyBB 1.9, have some fear of God and release MyBB now.

I am using MyBB since 2008 on all kinds of my websites, before MyBB was ranking very well on Google Search Engine but nowadays Google isn't paying attention to MyBB powered websites because of MyBB websites are not mobile friendly.

Angry

Does MyBB project died or still alive? you people must tell the truth to us.

I apologize if any of my words offended you.

Best Regards,
(2022-07-19, 04:28 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Does MyBB project died or still alive?

Hi, wamp. Progress towards a MyBB 1.9 release is ongoing. My own work on MyBB 1.9 (as a staff developer) can be tracked here: https://github.com/lairdshaw/mybb/commit...eme-system

Whether or not my work is ultimately adopted, potentially with amendments, remains to be seen, but it's at least something.

I wouldn't dare to hazard a guess at a release date though.
(2022-07-19, 05:00 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-19, 04:28 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]Does MyBB project died or still alive?

Hi, wamp. Progress towards a MyBB 1.9 release is ongoing. My own work on MyBB 1.9 (as a staff developer) can be tracked here: https://github.com/lairdshaw/mybb/commit...eme-system

Whether or not my work is ultimately adopted, potentially with amendments, remains to be seen, but it's at least something.

I wouldn't dare to hazard a guess at a release date though.

it's about 8 years (2878 days) since MyBB has released 1.8, after that no major version yet Confused
(2022-07-19, 06:05 AM)wamp Wrote: [ -> ]it's about 8 years (2878 days) since MyBB has released 1.8, after that no major version yet Confused

I understand the disappointment. I don't, though, know what more I can say than I already just did, other than that if anybody wants to help out with the ongoing development, I can suggest ways in which they can contribute.
(2022-07-19, 02:21 AM)xXMoeXx Wrote: [ -> ]But I am starting to feel like there is going to be some very angry clients and customers if mybb 1.9 takes place.

What do you mean by clients and customers? I didn't realise MyBB was paid software or the MyBB Group services clients?
(2022-07-19, 10:48 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-19, 02:21 AM)xXMoeXx Wrote: [ -> ]But I am starting to feel like there is going to be some very angry clients and customers if mybb 1.9 takes place.

What do you mean by clients and customers? I didn't realise MyBB was paid software or the MyBB Group services clients?

hmmm, might be in relation with the $5 million (or 7 ?) MyBB Group earns Big Grin