MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-04-03, 06:48 PM)gimbal Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply, Euan.

The only other thing we hope for (if you are taking suggestions for future releases) is a built-in "Latest Posts" section, with definable attributes - we use a somewhat clunky plugin at the moment, but Latest Posts ends up where everyone on our forum goes first. Thanks again!

We are indeed taking suggestions for future 1.x releases, though 1.9 itself is pretty much feature locked now. We have a suggestions forum here: https://community.mybb.com/forum-199.html - I think I've seen a similar suggestion for a "latest posts" type of thing there.

Usually, if a suggestion gets plenty of support we'll seriusly consider it.
(2018-04-03, 06:48 PM)gimbal Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply, Euan.

The only other thing we hope for (if you are taking suggestions for future releases) is a built-in "Latest Posts" section, with definable attributes - we use a somewhat clunky plugin at the moment, but Latest Posts ends up where everyone on our forum goes first. Thanks again!

We have a sidebar with Latest Posts. It's invaluable. Like you said, that's where everyone goes first. So I'm rooting for this feature too.
I suggest you guys create a new better portal / homepage (I was never a fan of the portal MyBB has now) but have a option to make it the index page or not instead of going to the forums right away that option should be in the admin cp and on that portal / home page have a live latest threads that updates when a new thread is posted with no page reload and display board stats and all that crap lol something like TTG's home page http://thetechgame.com/ some people might like it I know I would.
Hi guys do you think it'll be ready by the end of May? Can't wait for a responsive mybb. Smile
Probably not. No. We are concluding .16
Removed
RIP MyBB. I loved you for many years :'(
(2018-04-26, 09:11 PM)Protesqu Wrote: [ -> ]RIP MyBB. I loved you for many years :'(

Huh
(2018-04-26, 09:11 PM)Protesqu Wrote: [ -> ]RIP MyBB. I loved you for many years :'(

I don't see MyBB joining the eternal slumber anytime soon.

Rolleyes  it's far from dead..