MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Emotions - emoji
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! Please add emoji instead this ugly emoticons Sad
I think best left to add our own, it's a simple process. I would rather see no emoji/emoticons/smilies and we add the ones we like to suit as and when we want.
Emoji support can be done by setting your database to UTF8MB4 when installing (I think this is possible in MyBB). I personally dislike emojis though, because they are not consistent across devices, there are specific emoji on specific systems, and they're harder to type on a PC compared to a mobile phone.

Keeping the normal emoticons keeps consistency and ease of usage.
I second what ScarletWavez said.
I think that at the very least, MyBB's default set of smilies has to change to more modern-looking ones.
I second this. There should just be an option to automatically use the standard emojis used by the whole world now.
I like the old timer smileys. I would suggest providing a CSS alternative option to image smileys. Then you can add fontawesome emojis for example.

Edit: Ckeditor has plugin options for smileys and emojis. If the new proposed editor is anything like that, then this becomes a non issue.