MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [DVZ Shoutbox] I dont have permission to perfom a 'shout' even if Im the Owner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys.
I'm using DZV's shoutbox plugin (on latest version) on MyBB 1.8.14 
No one can use shoutbox, anyone knows why? Even I have full permissions, I am the creator of the forum, and cant use it. When I type anything in the shoutbox, and press enter, I'm getting this message: [Image: J90wUewTQhu8UsAPOq9VoA.png]

My forum url: https://balkantrade.network
Test account: 
USER: testotestic123
PASS: testeratestera
EDIT. In order to change your language to english you will need to go to User CP > Ucitaj Postave > Jezik foruma > than set it to english.

Settings of plugin: [Image: CHPFdIRXRo2xgqdLJPlg0w.png][Image: 5jE2BQpXT62SRTw1W-LU2A.png]

If anyone is willing to help me, thanks! Smile) looking forward to fix it.
It appears that other JavaScript issues affect the plugin's operation, possibly related to the theme in use. You can try on MyBB's default (after adding DVZ Shoutbox's variable and CSS to it) to verify that.
(2018-01-05, 09:34 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]It appears that other JavaScript issues affect the plugin's operation, possibly related to the theme in use. You can try on MyBB's default (after adding DVZ Shoutbox's variable and CSS to it) to verify that.

Hey. Thank you for caching up some time to help me out. No, it's not working on default theme either. I also tried reinstalling the plugin and all files associated with it. The only thing I can find a bit useful is that it's displaying error "dvz_sb_permissions".
There are JS errors on the Default theme as well - were all files and themes updated properly? The version tags for e.g. general.js indicate 1.8.10 and the content seems to be modified.
As a result of those, the post key (from the my_post_key) is not being attached to messages so the server responds with a permission error.
(2018-01-05, 10:04 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]There are JS errors on the Default theme as well - were all files and themes updated properly? The version tags for e.g. general.js indicate 1.8.10 and the content seems to be modified.
As a result of those, the post key (from the my_post_key) is not being attached to messages so the server responds with a permission error.

I recently updated to 1.8.14 (from 1.8.12) but Shoutbox wasnt working on x.12 either. I updated every file I found in a updated files. What should I exactly do to fix this? Find updated JS files or what?
(2018-01-05, 10:06 PM)c1kaaaroot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-05, 10:04 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]There are JS errors on the Default theme as well - were all files and themes updated properly? The version tags for e.g. general.js indicate 1.8.10 and the content seems to be modified.

I recently updated to 1.8.14 (from 1.8.12) but Shoutbox wasnt working on x.12 either. I updated every file I found in a updated files. What should I exactly do to fix this? Find updated JS files or what?

Tools & Maintenance → File Verification should list all files that don't have the expected content for the MyBB version shown in the ACP, and Templates & Style → Templates → Find Updated Templates shows templates with outdated content.
For debugging purposes, creating a new theme with MyBB Master Style set as Parent Theme should also make sure there's a theme with no broken (modified) templates available (so if all files are updated, there should be no JS errors in browser's Console).
(2018-01-05, 10:15 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-05, 10:06 PM)c1kaaaroot Wrote: [ -> ]

Tools & Maintenance → File Verification should list all files that don't have the expected content for the MyBB version shown in the ACP, and Templates & Style → Templates → Find Updated Templates shows templates with outdated content.
For debugging purposes, creating a new theme with MyBB Master Style set as Parent Theme should also make sure there's a theme with no broken (modified) templates available (so if all files are updated, there should be no JS errors in browser's Console).
I'll try that as soon as I get access to PC. Thanks! Will let you know.
Hey. After going to "find updated templates" I'm getting "There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded." message.
Also, I reinstalled general.js, neither that is working, I'm still getting some errors in console.
Anything else I can try?
I'm having the same problem. Other users have no problem posting.