MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Developer Tools 0.2 BETA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: ijvGUxN.png]

Follow WildcardSearch On Twitter for Faster Updates:
[Image: q1W0aFv.png]

a MyBB module for developers
with a collection of useful tools
that is expansible and extensible

This plugin is a development tool and therefore should not be used carelessly. Do not use this plugin on a live forum unless you understand the risks and are prepared to deal with the consequences.

Features

PHiddle

The main module tab is a PHP fiddle (PHiddle) that can be used to easily run scripts on the board. The MyBB core libraries are automagically loaded into the final script so you can focus on your code.

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...302e706e67]

This tool and can be used to easily develop scripts to test read queries and format output; correct database snafus on a live forum (after testing and ensuring the outcome, of course); or just trying a section of code independently to ensure your knowledge (of a function or class, for example) is correct.

PHiddles can be saved, loaded, deleted, exported, and imported.

Modules

[Image: KsTuB9v.png]

This plugin is modular and developers and hobbyists can easily develop unique tools or customize existing tools for their preferences/dev environment.

Create Users

This module allows many options for creation of users and can create hundreds of fake users at a time with random user names pulled from an international repository for first and last names.

Create Threads

This module can be used to create threads on the forum complete with as many posts per thread as needed. The thread titles and post contents are randomly concatated Lorem Ipsum (generate by joshtronic/php-loremipsum).

This module features pagination for over one thousand posts to (hopefully) avoid PHP timeouts.

Create User Name Avatars

This module creates PNG avatars for each user with their username drawn on the avatar itself. This can be useful when developing/testing plugins that deal with lists of user avatars.

[Image: uoXd0Pp.png]

Permissions

Uses the ACP permissions system. Owner can block an admin from the entire plugin or from a single module.

Extensibility

This plugin uses my ExternalModule interface to provide easy extension through external modules. Look for a wiki link here when we reach beta.

Dependencies

Packaged

joshtronic/php-loremipsum

Resources:

Support
I make no guarantees of support but I will always try. If you need support for this plugin please create a support thread at MyBB forums.

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

Improve Developer Tools!

I have started a GitHub repository for this plugin. Ideas and bug reports are welcome there and anyone wanting to collaborate is more than welcome Smile

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MyBB-Developer-Tools
reserved
Very interesting.

I am searching for something like this to not loose time into users, threads and more for my dev projects.
Thanks, Whiteneo.

I'd be glad to hear any feature suggestions if you have any. Smile
Developer Tools 0.0.2 ALPHA Released

[Image: maRStb0.png]

Working on the PHP fiddle right now. Got all of the functionality added. In the next update I will add AJAX to the toolbar Smile

Changes:
  • updated lorem ipsum generator
  • installed toolbar for PHiddle
  • load/save/save as/delete added for PHiddles
  • import/export added for PHiddles
Fixes:
  • CSS not customizable per theme
  • a bug where errors weren't displayed in sandboxed scripts
To upgrade: Uninstall and re-install. There will be no upgrade script during the alpha stage.
This is brilliant. I will give it a try sooner than later, as it should really help a dev getting things done fast and easy.
(2018-08-09, 08:07 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Developer Tools 0.0.2 ALPHA Released

[Image: maRStb0.png]

Working on the PHP fiddle right now. Got all of the functionality added. In the next update I will add AJAX to the toolbar Smile

Changes:
  • updated lorem ipsum generator
  • installed toolbar for PHiddle
  • load/save/save as/delete added for Phiddles
  • import/export added for Phiddles
Fixes:
  • CSS not customizable per theme
  • a bug where errors weren't displayed in sandboxed scripts
To upgrade: Uninstall and re-install. There will be no upgrade during the alpha stage.

Just wondering about the release numbering...

Should this release been 0.0.3a?? The one you released in January is 0.0.2a.
(2018-08-10, 06:35 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]This is brilliant. I will give it a try sooner than later, as it should really help a dev getting things done fast and easy.

Thanks. I just have to find the time to finish it. There is still a good bit of work to do.

(2018-08-10, 06:41 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering about the release numbering...

Where are you getting that information from?

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MyBB-D...s/releases

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...nagebuilds

I released 0.0.1 in January.
(2018-08-10, 11:58 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-10, 06:35 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]This is brilliant. I will give it a try sooner than later, as it should really help a dev getting things done fast and easy.

Thanks. I just have to find the time to finish it. There is still a good bit of work to do.

(2018-08-10, 06:41 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering about the release numbering...

Where are you getting that information from?

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MyBB-D...s/releases

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...nagebuilds

I released 0.0.1 in January.

Look at your post #1. 

It says...

0.0.2a

The date of the post shows January 6, 2018

That's what I was going by and that's where I got my info from.

[Image: f116934b9707d4999c6b0f0b00111be1.png]
Ah, I see the confusion now.

[Image: dvK2v9o.png]

I update the version number in the OP when it changes.
Pages: 1 2