MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More questions about myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just have a few questions

1. How do I set up more specific permissions for ranks? For example, I want my "developer" rank to only have access to the myBB theme part of the adminCP. Also for example I want my global moderators to have access to specific plugin's setting page. Is there some kind of permissions list and a place where I put the permissions in etc?

2. I have made a HTML layout for the reset password and authentication e-mails. How can I add this custom HTML layout to the e-mail and how can I add in the tags or whatever I need so it generates the reset password link and authentication links into the email?

3. Is there a way to add in a custom page? I want to add a custom page which will be the terms of service page/privacy policy page.

4. Is there any sort of standard terms of service/privacy policy page? I want to have a marketplace in my forum, however, I know scams occur on forums and there is so much I can do to prevent it. I don't want my forum to be responsible if a scam occurs.

5. Is there a way to have specific prefixes allowed for specific ranks? I want the admin ranks to have access to prefixes like [Rules] but I don't want anyone else to have access to prefixes like [Rules]
1. ACP --> Users & Groups --> Admin Permissions (side menu). From that page you can set permissions for groups or individual users who have access to the ACP.

2. If it's just purely HTML you should be able to modify the following template: ACP --> Templates & Style --> Templates (side menu) --> Select your theme --> Member Templates --> member_lostpw

3. There's multiple ways of doing this, but I'd suggest using this tutorial - https://community.mybb.com/thread-116225.html.

4. By default MyBB comes with a registration agreement and COPPA Compliance agreement which can be toggled via the ACP in the Login & Registration settings. You can edit this by going to /inc/languages/english/member.lang.php and looking at line 82 and below. If not, you can actually add forum rules to individual forums and categories when creating them via the ACP.

5. When creating Prefixes, there's an option with the dropdown labelled "Available to groups". Just set it to whatever group you want to be able to use it. Hold down CTRL and click if you want multiple usergroups to be able to use it.
(2018-01-07, 02:30 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]1. ACP --> Users & Groups --> Admin Permissions (side menu). From that page you can set permissions for groups or individual users who have access to the ACP.

2. If it's just purely HTML you should be able to modify the following template: ACP --> Templates & Style --> Templates (side menu) --> Select your theme --> Member Templates --> member_lostpw

3. There's multiple ways of doing this, but I'd suggest using this tutorial - https://community.mybb.com/thread-116225.html.

4. By default MyBB comes with a registration agreement and COPPA Compliance agreement which can be toggled via the ACP in the Login & Registration settings. You can edit this by going to /inc/languages/english/member.lang.php and looking at line 82 and below. If not, you can actually add forum rules to individual forums and categories when creating them via the ACP.

5. When creating Prefixes, there's an option with the dropdown labelled "Available to groups". Just set it to whatever group you want to be able to use it. Hold down CTRL and click if you want multiple usergroups to be able to use it.

For question 1. I can't see any ranks other than adminintrator. Why can I not see ranks like moderator? For example I want to create a rank called trial staff. In trial staff I don't want them to be able to give out warnings
^^

You can do that by going Users & Groups > Groups > Add New User Group
From there you can set permissions what they can do and not do.