MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB auto-prune inactive users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DennisTT Wrote:Do you have a link to your forum?
A link to my forum? It's been dangling in my signature all the time!
maatty Wrote:
Many people have multiple forums so we need to ask. Otherwise we might try to fix the problem on a completely different board that doesn't even need fixing Toungue
DrPoodle Wrote:
maatty Wrote:
Many people have multiple forums so we need to ask. Otherwise we might try to fix the problem on a completely different board that doesn't even need fixing Toungue
Thanks DrProodle for your reply. Actually, I don't think that the link to my forum would help solve this issue. My issue is clear enough:
- I have a backup of accounts that were deleted by a plugin I had activated, then
- I restored the accounts according to the method proposed by DennisTT, then
- The accounts show as "registered" in my ACP but they still show as "unregistered" in my forum (and as such they are not "clickable" or "searchable" )
- To me, it looks as though the ACP and the forum are not at one regarding those accounts, although both use the same db!!!
- The forum allows the users of those accounts to login and greets them with a welcome back message but still treats them as "unregistered"
- There must be something missing

N.B. I'll work it out on my own. In Arabic we have a proverb that says "seeking human support is humiliating"
maatty Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:
maatty Wrote:
Thanks DrProodle for your reply. Actually, I don't think that the link to my forum would help solve this issue. My issue is clear enough:
- I have a backup of accounts that were deleted by a plugin I had activated, then
- I restored the accounts according to the method proposed by DennisTT, then
- The accounts show as "registered" in my ACP but they still show as "unregistered" in my forum (and as such they are not "clickable" or "searchable" )
- To me, it looks as though the ACP and the forum are not at one regarding those accounts, although both use the same db!!!
- The forum allows the users of those accounts to login and greets them with a welcome back message but still treats them as "unregistered"
- There must be something missing

N.B. I'll work it out on my own. In Arabic we have a proverb that says "seeking human support is humiliating"

If we didn't think we needed the url to your forum then we wouldn't have asked.
Tikitiki Wrote:If we didn't think we needed the url to your forum then we wouldn't have asked.
No comment!
Dear Maatty please read the email I just sent to you, it'll fix the whole problem (isa)
I just used the email to help you slove this problem becuase there is alot of explaining I can offer it much better in arabic like what I said in my message to you.
please tell me if it finaly slove your problem or not...

Best wishs,
Pepo
pepotiger Wrote:Dear Maatty please read the email I just sent to you, it'll fix the whole problem (isa)

Thanks PepoTiger for your generous offer to help. Restoring the data from the backup of mybb_users alone is not enough to restore lost accounts. They remain, as I mentioned earlier, as unregistered. Here is what I did to solve the problem:

Step 1: I backed up all the current database (structure and data)
Step 2: I restored the full backup which contains all the deleted accounts
Step 3: In myphpadmin I selected the following tables for backup:

mybb_users
mybb_userfields
mybb_threads (because they point to each thread's uid)
mybb_posts (because they point to each post's uid)

and exported the data only ––> Export type = Replace

Step 4: I deleted all tables and restored the backup of step 1
Step 5: restored the backup of step 3
Step 6: I performed a Recount & Rebuild

And everything was back to normal.

Regards
Thanks for sharing it maatty.
maatty Wrote:In Arabic we have a proverb that says "seeking human support is humiliating"

OFF TOPIC

I respect your culture, but I don't like very much that proverb anyways Toungue
Humanity evolves as the human learn to help each other.
Pages: 1 2