MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: group select post icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like the ability to simply restrict user groups from using post icons.
I don't actually see this as some necessary function... Maybe it can be done with plugin...
Okay, but why?
(2018-01-09, 08:26 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, but why?

to stop regular users from posting post icons, and use them as identification tags assorted by moderators. Or you can completely turn them off.

It is quite annoying having regular users post a post with a bug post icon just because they like the little green bug, and the post not having anything to do with software bugs.
(2018-01-09, 09:42 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]

to stop regular users from posting post icons, and use them as identification tags assorted by moderators. Or you can completely turn them off.

It is quite annoying having regular users post a post with a bug post icon just because they like the little green bug, and the post not having anything to do with software bugs.
I see.

I'm pretty sure there's even a suggestion around here to remove post/thread icons altogether, and use thread prefixes instead for things like bug reports, suggestions, questions, requests, issues, etc. like the thread prefixes used here.
(2018-01-09, 10:17 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-09, 09:42 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]

I see.

I'm pretty sure there's even a suggestion around here to remove post/thread icons altogether, and use thread prefixes instead for things like bug reports, suggestions, questions, requests, issues, etc. like the thread prefixes used here.

Yeah, you have that suggestion here if you ment few prefixes for thread: https://community.mybb.com/thread-214585.html

If you mean redesigned, you can design prefixes at thread whatever you want. Just design them in CSS.