MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to install a plugin twice or even 3 times??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I wanted to see if I can install a plugin twice or three times? I would like to use this plugin in 3 different ways: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=127
but the issue is, the 3 different ways, I would like 3 different pictures (which uses the same functions as the profile picture plugin). Is there a way I can install it 3 different times so I can upload 3 different pictures and use it in different ways.
Rename all files and upload it as a second plugin? And a little coding knowledge will be needed I think.
At minimum you would have to rename the plugin file, all the function names in the function definitions, and the function names in the hook definitions (rename myplugin.php to myplugin2.php, myplugin_info to myplugin2_info etc). If the plugin has templates, template changes, settings, database changes, or anything else that would clash, you'd need to rename them throughout the code too. It's doable but probably more hassle than it would end up being worth.