MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My request it's a question..what plugin set do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my way to tryout mybb i am faced with so many doubts on plugins that i will try to explain what i see i need and i also wonder what do you guys use, so that maybe i get extra options i never even thought about.

For myBB i need:

- A good firewall 
(competition is fierce and attacking me it is a option)

- A good captcha solver
All the forums i see have been suffering with those 'Pandora' 'Adidas' etc etc threads that nobody wants or needs

- A good shoutbox or a free chatroom integration on mybb for the home

- Over reputation i need a 'Thank you +1' system, so all those Thank you's people leave to climb on posts count may be avoided

----------

What plugin set do you use, and know it doesn't go in conflict
and why do you use them… 

i am sure i will learn so much more from you guys than i learned on a paid tutorial on Udemy that only helped with installation

Thank you
1. The firewall won't be part of MyBB. You will need to set it up externally.

2. The default captcha works well. Btw, I use https://mods.mybb.com/view/keycaptcha (it's not available for 1.8) .It wouldn't be difficult to make it work there.

3. You can use "Thanks" plugin.
Thanks for the reply Neeeeeeeeeel.-
do you know if the thanks and the shoutbox have a conflict of any sort

I do need to get php and css help on this or i am doomed to get those fine tunings to work properly
it's at times like these you wonder why you ended up commiting to do it Big Grin 

IF anyone out there ears my prayers maybe i get lucky finding it
For firewall you can either use cloudflare or if possible ask your host generally most of the providers supports firewall as either part of service or addon.
@Dark-Power-Invader
i got cloud flare already set up, did it by default, would you consider it enough - in case of let's say ' non pleased competitor's bad blood'
Or is there a particular cloud flare setting you use on both normal case scenarios or under attack mode.
(2018-01-21, 10:38 PM)Ares St.John Wrote: [ -> ]@Dark-Power-Invader
i got cloud flare already set up, did it by default, would you consider it enough - in case of let's say ' non pleased competitor's bad blood'
Or is there a particular cloud flare setting you use on both normal case scenarios or under attack mode.

I am not sure if Cloudflare is enough as in Free plan its firewall is not that strong in actual cloudflare free plan only provide you a basic WAF and DDoS protection(i guess it only stops layer 5 and layer 7 attacks). So basically i don't really count on cloudflare free plan but instead if you have some awesome skills with php then it might be a different story. But to be honest i don't think your website would be targeted and attacked massively as far i know most of the websites uses cloudflare as their protection plan however you can always alter the configuration even make your website accessible by solving a captcha, etc. So cloudflare will be more then enough for you.
Quote:do you know if the thanks and the shoutbox have a conflict of any sort

As long as you are running PHP 5.4 or higher you are good there. In the Admin CP index, it says what version you have of PHP and your database version.