MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Port?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to install MyBB 1.8 and I'm receiving the following error:
Quote:Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
  • Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

However, I know for sure that the username, password and database I am specifying are correct.

I also know that MySQL on my server runs on port 3332 - is this the issue?
If so, how do I install MyBB with MySQL running on that port?

Thanks
are you installing on a windows server ?

can you tell us php version, MySQL version & the database type you are using while installing ..
Your server can't probably connect via "localhost". Depending on the host you might need to change that.
(2018-01-19, 12:32 AM)naveed Wrote: [ -> ]I also know that MySQL on my server runs on port 3332 - is this the issue?

Probably; by default MySQL runs on 3309.
(2018-01-19, 02:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you installing on a windows server ?

can you tell us php version, MySQL version & the database type you are using while installing ..

Yeah, it's Windows.
PHP version 5.6 and MySQL Server 5.5.
The database engine I'm selecting on the installation page is "MySQL".
The permissions and stuff for the MySQL user are all correct too, this is really confusing me.
How does MyBB determine the MySQL port it's connecting to? Installations of other software have normally asked me to specify the port (3332).

(2018-01-19, 07:50 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-19, 12:32 AM)naveed Wrote: [ -> ]I also know that MySQL on my server runs on port 3332 - is this the issue?

Probably; by default MySQL runs on 3309.

Do you have a solution for that, other than changing the port I use?

Thanks @everyone so far!
Have you tried editing inc/config.php to use "localhost:3332" instead of just localhost?