MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why No Ads in MyBB Official Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-01-24, 01:44 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ](Will look at getting the docs page fixed)

Nearly created a public enquiries thread. Thanks Matt
I am sure if Chris wanted or needed the revenue he would add them.
(2018-01-22, 03:36 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]If MyBB wants to advertise they could do "sponsored stickies" let's say $100/day or something crazy.

Ditto on this idea!

Maybe not $100 per day, but something more reasonable. $1 USD per day? 
Prices can be determined on a case-by-case basis or on a tier based pricing scheme.

MyBB.com can limit those 'Sponsored Stickies' to the Community Section of MyBB.com 

This can be tried for 60 days. At the end of that period, evaluate it to see if it was worth it or not. 

Think about it.
I naturally get attracted to open sourced/free/no ads. I can say i might never of even used MyBB in the first place if their forum community were using ads. Also I use adblocker as well as Anti-adblocker killer so i hardly see ads on sites, even on those that attempt to block you from their site if you use adblocker, it bypasses. The few times it fails, i would rather go to a competitor than pause my adblock to view content.
(2018-02-08, 01:08 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]I naturally get attracted to open sourced/free/no ads. I can say i might never of even used MyBB in the first place if their forum community were using ads. Also I use adblocker as well as Anti-adblocker killer so i hardly see ads on sites, even on those that attempt to block you from their site if you use adblocker, it bypasses. The few times it fails, i would rather go to a competitor than pause my adblock to view content.

Yep me too. I chose MyBB not only because I liked it but also because it runs on the same ethics as my forum. We are a totally independent forum which is unique in our niche, so should there be advertising on MyBB it could make me think twice.

Plus I too never see ads thanks to Ublock Origin.
Pages: 1 2