MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restrict PM from X usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to restrict receiving PM's from specified usergroup on a per user basis? As an admin i only want to receive PM's from other admins or mods....and ignore everyone else. Or just select which usergroup to ignore PM's. From.

There is an option to disable all incoming PM's but that is not what i am looking for.
Don't think so you can only disable your PMs that way nobody will be able to PM you except staff members, although you could restrict a specific usergroup from using PM system.
so if i disable my PM system in my UserCP, then admins and moderators will still be able to PM me?
I don't think it's working that way...

But you can put admins & mods at your buddy list and choose to be able to recive PM only from users at your buddy list
Quote:receive PM only from users at your buddy list
that could be a best option.

you may also try using below
Quote:Can send private messages even if recipients have them disabled?
it is a group based privilege.
you can disable receiving PMs & privileged user groups can PM you !
Would make a good plugin and should not be very difficult to write.
(2018-01-22, 03:28 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Would make a good plugin and should not be very difficult to write.

Yeah, but it could be done by way .m. posted and would work perfectly so no need for that in my opinion Smile
I think it would be a good plugin too because if i had my choice in the manner, i would more prefer just X user groups to not post to me (mainly the registered usergroup and my custom less than 50 posts user groups as they can be  annoying). I wouldnt want to add everyone to my buddy list as they go past 50 posts.

To be honest though i think this should be a core feature. If you are being annoyed by new members the only option is to basically shut off PM or add everyone else as a buddy. Either are not great options.

And i could just turn off new members PM's but i dont want to hinder them talking to other people. I just personally dont want to be bothered by them.
What about allowing x usergroups to put multiple usergroups in there buddy or ignore list? I can see how this is useful might make this plugin.
wasnt the buddy list going to be removed in 1.10?

I guess that would work for now though.
Pages: 1 2