MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need urgent help: SQL Error 167 - Out of range value for column 'uid' at row 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Users cannot register on the forum unless I manually create an account in phpmyadmin. This is the error you get when you try to register.
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:167 - Out of range value for column 'uid' at row 1
Query:INSERT INTO mybbtm_users (username,password,salt,loginkey,email,postnum,threadnum,avatar,avatartype,usergroup,additionalgroups,displaygroup,usertitle,regdate,lastactive,lastvisit,website,icq,aim,yahoo,skype,google,birthday,signature,allownotices,hideemail,subscriptionmethod,receivepms,receivefrombuddy,pmnotice,pmnotify,showimages,showvideos,showsigs,showavatars,showquickreply,showredirect,tpp,ppp,invisible,style,timezone,dstcorrection,threadmode,daysprune,dateformat,timeformat,regip,language,showcodebuttons,sourceeditor,buddyrequestspm,buddyrequestsauto,away,awaydate,returndate,awayreason,notepad,referrer,referrals,buddylist,ignorelist,pmfolders,warningpoints,moderateposts,moderationtime,suspendposting,suspensiontime,coppauser,classicpostbit,usernotes) VALUES ('test1','ebe5be4c27f8acaf53b4ef10ed79f330','aQo8lx0F','u9F7xSEIsHf4ikMKdUL83dlOaFSSZYs1BxiqEWRWZj61LBY0cY','[email protected]',0,0,'','',5,'',0,'',1516388870,1516388870,1516388870,'',0,'','','','','','',1,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'0',2,'linear',0,'','',X'bcdc1f6f','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'')

It confuses me on how the uid can be out of range. The forum only has 770 accounts. I need urgent help as it takes a long time to register people on the forum if there are a lot of requests.
there is a problem with your database. someone needs to check it with required temporary access.
note: I might not be able to check in next 6 hours ..
First recommendation is to change the mybb_users table to Innodb instead of MyISAM so that writing to it doesn't lock the entire table due to it being written to frequently. To do this, run the following query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ENGINE = Innodb

Second double check what the column definition is for your mybb_users table. It should be int for type with the attribute of unsigned. If it is not, you can easily change it using PHPMyAdmin in your hosting panel.

The third thing to check is what the auto increment value is set to. You said you only have 770 accounts, but perhaps the auto increment value is something way higher. You can view this by going to the Operations tab on PHPMyAdmin.
(2018-01-23, 11:01 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]First recommendation is to change the mybb_users table to Innodb instead of MyISAM so that writing to it doesn't lock the entire table due to it being written to frequently. To do this, run the following query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ENGINE = Innodb

Second double check what the column definition is for your mybb_users table. It should be int for type with the attribute of unsigned. If it is not, you can easily change it using PHPMyAdmin in your hosting panel.

The third thing to check is what the auto increment value is set to. You said you only have 770 accounts, but perhaps the auto increment value is something way higher. You can view this by going to the Operations tab on PHPMyAdmin.

I managed to fix it by looking at the auto increment and changing it to 771. Thank you