MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHANGE Default joining usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to change default user group after being accepted from activation currently its registered user group I tried changing the id in members.php doesn't seem to change anything though.
Just change the Title in AdminCP

User & Groups > Groups > Click Registered and change the title to what ever you want the group to be called.
(2018-01-22, 10:16 PM)dan dundee Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to change default user group after being accepted from activation currently its registered user group I tried changing the id in members.php doesn't seem to change anything though.

if($mybb->settings['regtype'] == "verify" || $mybb->settings['regtype'] == "admin" || $mybb->settings['regtype'] == "both" || $mybb->get_input('coppa', MyBB::INPUT_INT) == 1)
	{
		$usergroup = 5;
	}
	else
	{
		$usergroup = 2;
	}

That appears *several times* in members.php; i changed it only in the first, and it didn't work either, you need to edit it every time it says
"$usergroup=2 "
or
"$usergroup => 2"
P.S.: If manual activation from the ACP should feed into the new default group, too, you also need to edit /admin/modules/user/awaiting_activation.php accordingly