MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Thoughts On RunBB | A MyBB Free Forum Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What Is RunBB.com?

RunBB.com is an innovative free forum hosting service which gives you the ability to create a fully customizable forum instantly. They strive to bring a high quality service to our users while offering more features than any other forum hosting provider. We belive that everybody should be able to create a forum without technical skills, thus we take care of the technical part so that forum owners can focus on customizing their forum from the user-friendly admin panel.

Cons:
  • No plugins also can’t import any.
  • Limited themes also can’t import any.
  • Can’t use your own domain.
  • Can’t edit language(s).
  • No option to backup or export forum / database.
  • Stores all users and forums on 1 server.
  • Runs MyBB 1.8.6.
Pros:
  • Super fast servers.
  • Easy forum setup.
  • 99.9% Uptime.
  • Has “forum of the month” on the homepage of main site.

RunBB Main Site Issues:
  • Their blog doesn’t load.
  • Their community forums don’t load.
  • Never got back to me about a support request.

I think RunBB.com will be good for some people if they want to host a MyBB forum without ANY plugins and main focus is on speed. I think RunBB won’t be good if you are serious about starting a forum maybe for beginners? I don’t know.

I would like to see what the MyBB community thinks about RunBB so tell me your thoughts below.

Not throwing ANY shade/ hate at RunBB.com.
The number of versions behind is scary. I'm also concerned about how everything is stored in one database. Not only can it cause great performance issues, but a lot of damage can be done to multiple websites if their is a security breach.
(2018-01-24, 08:43 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also concerned about how everything is stored in one database.

Isn't that how IcyBoards works?
(2018-01-24, 09:16 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-24, 08:43 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also concerned about how everything is stored in one database.

Isn't that how IcyBoards works?

I'm not sure as I have never used them.
Update: My test forum I made with them can no longer connect to their MySQL server.
(2018-01-25, 02:30 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Update: My test forum I made with them can no longer connect to their MySQL server.

It would help if you gave the error as well - because if it’s a 1040, that means it’s poorly setup.
Captcha isn't working when trying to make a forum :\. I remember buying the software about 2-3 years ago. If I remember it's more if a demo for the Multihoster software that powers all the forums.

As far as forums being on one server that's fine as long as the server isn't over loaded.
(2018-01-25, 10:02 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-25, 02:30 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Update: My test forum I made with them can no longer connect to their MySQL server.

It would help if you gave the error as well - because if it’s a 1040, that means it’s poorly setup.

SQL Error:

2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) 

Query:

[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

(2018-01-25, 11:39 PM)marcgo15 Wrote: [ -> ]Captcha isn't working when trying to make a forum :\. I remember buying the software about 2-3 years ago. If I remember it's more if a demo for the Multihoster software that powers all the forums.

As far as forums being on one server that's fine as long as the server isn't over loaded.

Was working the other day so I don’t know.
Looks like the database server is down.
Sounds like a nightmare.
Pages: 1 2