MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO do not display thread in search result (forum & subforums are displayed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I use Google SEO plugin of frostschutz. My website is job4dent.com.

Google has indexed my forum but when I search site:job4dent.com only forum and sub-forum results are showing.
There are some threads displayed from search but that were from before I used Google SEO plugin.
I follow the instruction and it works perfectly.

[Image: 5QLN9L6]
https://imgur.com/5QLN9L6

Sorry for the language that is not in English in photo, but the second and third links are forum links which have threads under them as description.

My .htaccess

# This will enable the Rewrite capabilities
RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ https://www.job4dent.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

I would like to have Google displays my thread in search results instead of Forum name.

How to config Google SEO to display thread in searching? Huh

Many thanks,
Xaphryl
As you said, Google needs its time to "update" the URLs of your forum to the new ones...

I guess you've created the new XML sitemap with the new URLs.

If it's created, now is time to wait that Google Bot do its job.

PS: you must leave the 2 XML sitemaps, the old one and the new one:
Quote:The problem is simple – if crawlers stop seeing the old URLs, they might not crawl them to process the 301-redirects. Eventually, they’ll discover the new URLs, but it might take longer. By leaving the old sitemap up temporarily, you encourage crawlers to process the redirects. If those 301-redirects are working, this won’t create duplicate content. Usually, you can remove the old sitemap after a few weeks.
(2018-01-25, 07:38 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]As you said, Google needs its time to "update" the URLs of your forum to the new ones...

I guess you've created the new XML sitemap with the new URLs.

If it's created, now is time to wait that Google Bot do its job.

PS: you must leave the 2 XML sitemaps, the old one and the new one:
Quote:The problem is simple – if crawlers stop seeing the old URLs, they might not crawl them to process the 301-redirects. Eventually, they’ll discover the new URLs, but it might take longer. By leaving the old sitemap up temporarily, you encourage crawlers to process the redirects. If those 301-redirects are working, this won’t create duplicate content. Usually, you can remove the old sitemap after a few weeks.

Thank you for explanation.

The new threads are displayed in search but they were not displayed as links themselves.
Threads are displayed as 'description' or 'text' under Forum and Sub forum link.
Please see my screenshot in #1 post.

For example, when someone search for my site, it will display forum/sub-forum link instead of thread itself.
So the searcher will not see his/her search result display directly as a link for his search.
Sorry for my misunderstanding,

if you don't mind, I'll need a search word in hindi, to see the problem by myself, because in all Google's results i couldn't find the problem yo tell us
I filtered the search by time (less than 1 week)

Please see my new attached link.
https://imgur.com/a/CBDZP

I highlighted that displayed links are from Forum.
And under them had some post info, which some threads title are displayed there (separated by username of Poster).
If you want a work for search, here they are "ทันตแพทย์" or "หมอฟัน".

Thank you for looking into it.
Sorry but I can't repeat the problem you have even with the hindi words and by that time (if I select 1 week or less Google shows 0 results for me).
You do not need to use my word.

Just search with "site:job4dent.com" and filter for less than a week result.

You will have the same result I had.

I just do not understand why there is no link to thread. Maybe something about Forum inside Forum as Sub-forum.
Is there any advise or setting that I can apply to my board?

Thank you.