MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: view purged spammers info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like a way to view purged spammers info.

It would not be a lot of data space to house this info. Its just date purged, IP, username, and email. The trashbin plugin could house the actual post content for X number of days until its auto deleted. This is my list of my purged spammers on stopforumspam attached. This would be nice to view this information from MyBB ACP isntead of logging into stopforumspam. Also i would like to give this information to my moderators, but not give them my stopforumspam login info. Whether it grabs this info from stopforumspam or houses the info by itself, i could not care.

You can get info from stopforumspam without logging in, but you have to look it up one by one. You cannot see the full list as in "my spammers".

I asked stopforumspam if i could make a bot to grab this info and they basically said that your forum software is sending us the data, that it should house the information for you, instead of logging into the stopfroumspam account to grab info. If i made a bot to do it im sure they would block it at some point.
I support this.

SFS provides an API which gives confidence scores; these should also be able to be seen within the ACP.
(2018-01-27, 12:10 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I support this.

SFS provides an API which gives confidence scores; these should also be able to be seen within the ACP.

If I remember correctly we log that data to the spam log in ACP > Tools & Maintenance, but I agree it could be useful to make it more obvious.

EDIT: Yeah, there's a basic spam log that shows SFS confidence. I need to rework how the SFS checks work, and will be creating an issue for that today:

[Image: 0uADVJF.png]
111.41%, 111.71%... Is that some mistake or?
(2018-01-27, 04:38 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]111.41%, 111.71%... Is that some mistake or?

It’s a total confidence of username + email + IP address. Therefore the total is out of 300%. 

One of the changes I want to make is to log each confidence on its own and have a setting for each type of confidence.
Oh, ok, thanks Big Grin
Quote:If I remember correctly we log that data to the spam log in ACP > Tools & Maintenance, but I agree it could be useful to make it more obvious.

This is not the same spam data. The data in spam logs in ACP are failed attempted registering users that were denied an account from the start. These are the ones that were weeded out in the registration process. Whereas the list of "my spammers" in SFS are purged users who successfully created an account and posted spam in the forum (due to them being purged). This list is a list of purged users.

An example: a side by side comparison of my list of spammers at SFS and my spam logs attached, none of which are the same indicating that this is true. As well as my forum only get a user to purge here and there, while the spam anti-measures are apparently keeping multiple-per hour accounts from being created.

From my understanding, SFS said their API would allow MyBB to obtain the data from "my spammers"  and thus list in ACP like it shows on their website when you click "my spammers". But MyBB is showing the one, and not the other.

...unless you knew this and were just responding to Ben's post?
(2018-01-29, 06:55 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If I remember correctly we log that data to the spam log in ACP > Tools & Maintenance, but I agree it could be useful to make it more obvious.

This is not the same spam data. The data in spam logs in ACP are failed attempted registering users that were denied an account from the start. These are the ones that were weeded out in the registration process. Whereas the list of "my spammers" in SFS are purged users who successfully created an account and posted spam in the forum (due to them being purged). This list is a list of purged users.

An example: a side by side comparison of my list of spammers at SFS and my spam logs attached, none of which are the same indicating that this is true. As well as my forum only get a user to purge here and there, while the spam anti-measures are apparently keeping multiple-per hour accounts from being created.

From my understanding, SFS said their API would allow MyBB to obtain the data from "my spammers"  and thus list in ACP like it shows on their website when you click "my spammers". But MyBB is showing the one, and not the other.

...unless you knew this and were just responding to Ben's post?

It was aimed at both of you. I had thought that we were logging blocks during posts into that same location. If we're not, that's a bug in my opinion.