MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin/index.php?module=user-awaiting_activation Access Denied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but when I go to this URL:

admin/index.php?module=user-awaiting_activation 

I get this message even though I'm logged in and an admin user:

Quote:Access Denied

You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

I can search for users awaiting activation manually, and that works, so why is access supposedly denied to this page for my admin user?

I'm running the latest version of MyBB 1.8.14
Are you the super admin (eg: uid = 1), or a secondary administrator? It may be that your user doesn't have the right admin permissions to access that page?
(2018-01-27, 10:39 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Are you the super admin (eg: uid = 1), or a secondary administrator? It may be that your user doesn't have the right admin permissions to access that page?

I guess that account is a secondary administrator, but I should be able to see that page?  I can do a user search where I select the option of "Users Awaiting Activation".  This will show the same thing, and I'm able to manually activate or delete users on this screen, but I can't when using that URL above.
I don't think you can until you grant the user and/or the admin group permission to manage the awaiting activation users.

check in the admin cp in here:
users & groups > admin permissions > group permissions > users & groups
That fixed it. Thanks andrewjs18! Why wouldn't this be the default permission for admin users?