MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem merging phpBB 3 to mybb 1.8.14 and merge 1811
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying the merge I don't get very far.  All database info is entered correctly but I get an SQL error.  Based on the query shown, the command is incomplete.  Screen shot is attached but here's the error info:

Creating fields for tracking data during the Merge process (This may take a while)...
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:0 - ERROR: syntax error at end of input at character 23 Query:ALTER TABLE mybb_users
Please contact the [url=https://mybb.com]MyBB Group[/url] for technical support.
Ok, I got past that.  There's no checking to see if the variable $column_sql has anything in it.  I added that and if there's not, don't execute the line.

Now I'm on to Usergroups.  Right off the bat I get:

Usergroups
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:0 - ERROR: syntax error at or near "=" at character 51 
Query: SELECT COUNT() as count FROM mybb_trackers WHERE = '' LIMIT 1

and once again I see that something isn't being checked for empty variables.  The problem this time is I can't even find where this line is.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Vince.

Found it, fixed it, gave up on it. It was going to take over 24 hours just to merge the usergroups, no way did I want to see how long it'd take for the messages.