MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show Thread Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the past few weeks I've been having problems with my forum using a lot of resources and causing it to shut down. My host makes it sound like it's because of "show thread".

Quote:The CloudLinux logs show that the [showthread.php] file, in particular, is causing majority of the concurrent connections issue. One possibility in resolving this is to enable a caching plugin if that is available.

What would be causing "show thread" to be a problem?
1) Provide a list of plugin you have installed. This can be found in config-plugins.

2) Enable the debug info at the bottom of the page. This is in settings -> server & optimization settings. You'll find one about debug info and make sure that is set to yes.

3) Visit a thread, take note of how many posts are on that page and how many queries the page generated and pass that information to us.

4) About how many users do you have online at any given time?

This information will help us figure out what is wrong. It could also be that the host is trying to put too many users on their servers which is a common problem, particularly with cheap hosting plans.
(2018-01-29, 11:56 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]1) Provide a list of plugin you have installed.  This can be found in config-plugins.  

2) Enable the debug info at the bottom of the page.   This is in settings -> server & optimization settings.  You'll find one about debug info and make sure that is set to yes.

3) Visit a thread, take note of how many posts are on that page and how many queries the page generated and pass that information to us.

4) About how many users do you have online at any given time?

This information will help us figure out what is wrong.  It could also be that the host is trying to put too many users on their servers which is a common problem, particularly with cheap hosting plans.
Tapatalk BYO Options (4 Settings)
Tapatalk - Build Your Own - Options
Tapatalk General Options (8 Settings)
Optional Tapatalk Settings allow you to fine-tune the app behaviour with the forum
Tapatalk - In App Registration (4 Settings)
Tapatalk - In App Registration Settings
DVZ Random Avatars (2 Settings)
Settings for DVZ Random Avatars.
Make First Letter Uppercase Settings (2 Settings)
These options allow you to set the plugin to capitalize just thread titles, just posts or both.
Signature Control (3 Settings)
Settings for the Signature Control Plugin
Share Topics (0 Settings)
Setting For Share Topics
Ban User (5 Settings)
Settings for Ban User
Add Meta Tags (4 Settings)
Add meta tags to your pages
[Plugin MySEO] Settings of SEO OnPage (11 Settings)
Configure your data for On-Page SEO.
[Plugin MySEO] Social Media and Social Integration (6 Settings)
Configure your data to improve your interaction with social networks.
Advanced Thread Rating Tools Settings (5 Settings)
AddThis (2 Settings)
AddThis Sharing and Analytics, enables users to share pages and webmaster to analyse it!
CloudFlare Manager (5 Settings)
Configures options for the CloudFlare Manager plugin.
MetaTags Plugin Settings (5 Settings)
Populate your meta tags.
Bad Behavior (11 Settings)
Bad Behavior is a PHP-based solution for blocking link spam and the robots which deliver it.
Fassim Anti Spam (9 Settings)
Enable/disable what Fassim checks against the database.
Automatic website Removal Plugin (5 Settings)
Settings to confire the automatic website removal plugin
HTTP Referers (3 Settings)
Here various settings for the referer plugin can be made.
Colored Usernames Settings (1 Settings)
Here are the settings for the Colored Usernames plugin.
Forum Cleaner options (5 Settings)
Plugin allows automatically clean forums from old threads and delete inactive and not activated users. Here you can manage plugin options. To setup forums to clean please go to Forums & Posts section of Admin CP.
Share This Page Settings (21 Settings)
Various option related to sharing pages on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus can be managed and set here.
Keyword Generator (3 Settings)
Settings for Keyword Generator
AutoMedia Global (21 Settings)
Global Settings for the AutoMedia Plugin
[Plugin] Thanks system (13 Settings)
Configuration options
User Last Active Time Settings (2 Settings)
Settings for the User Last Active Time plugin
Check IP with DNSBL(s) (3 Settings)
Check IP with DNSBL(s) on registration
Latest Post settings (5 Settings)
Auto Unapprove Reported Posts (4 Settings)
Settings for the Auto Unapprove Reported Posts-plugin.
My Advertisements (3 Settings)
Settings for My Advertisements
HTML in Posts (3 Settings)
Settings for HTML in Posts plugin.
MentionMe Settings (14 Settings)
Enable or disable advanced matching
PHP Files Cleaner (2 Settings)
Settings for the PHP Files Cleaner plugin.
Custom Restriction (9 Settings)
Custom Restriction Settings
Fit on Page (6 Settings)
Settings to configure the fit on page plugin
Google SEO Sitemap (9 Settings)
(Advanced Users) Sitemap settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.
Google SEO Redirect (4 Settings)
(Advanced Users) Redirection settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.
Google SEO Meta (6 Settings)
(Advanced Users) Meta tag settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.
Google SEO 404 (4 Settings)
(Advanced Users) 404 error page settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.
Google SEO (5 Settings)
Enable or disable the main features of Google SEO.
Fit on Page (6 Settings)
Settings to configure the fit on page plugin
Welcome PM/Email (6 Settings)
Settings to customize the Welcome PM/Email Plugin
Google SEO URL (24 Settings)
(Advanced Users) URL settings for the Google Search Engine Optimization plugin.
Facebook Login and Registration (21 Settings)
Here you can manage Facebook login and registration on your board, changing API keys and options to enable or disable certain aspects of MyFacebook Connect plugin.
Users Browsed Topic (7 Settings)
Settings for plugin "Users Browsed Topic"
Google SEO Tweaks (1 Settings)
(Advanced Users) Tweaks that change Google SEO's default behaviour.
(15 Settings)
Strict Username (8 Settings)
Settings for plugin "Strict Username"
MyAlerts Settings (4 Settings)
Settings for the MyAlerts plugin
Thank You/Like System (22 Settings)
Settings to customize the Thank You/Like System Plugin
SEO Titles (5 Settings)
Settings for plugin "SEO Titles"
Trash Bin (2 Settings)
Settings for trash bin plugin
Auto Update Threads (7 Settings)
[size=xx-small]By My-BB.Ir Group
[size=x-small]Latest Posts in sidebar
(1.1)
[size=x-small]Shows the latest posts in your forum

I couldn't find the debug setting.

One thread with 15 replies generated 87 queries.

It's a small forum with 509 members that might have a dozen people on at one time.

I'm on a semi dedicated server, so have too many users on the server shouldn't be a problem.
Your plugin list is very long. That is one factor.

That is definitely a much higher number of queries than standard. Default installations without plugins are around 20-25. Near where it says how many queries, there should be a link that you can click to see more advanced information. It lists every query on the page. Pay attention to see if there is one query that seems to be running many times. This way it might point to what plugin is not written very optimally.
temporarily deactivate automedia plugin & check if it helps.
auto update threads plugin could be also a cause of high load.

debug info should be available at bottom right of the page.
it should also consist of advanced details link.

you can add ?debug=1 to url of any page on your forum to get the advanced details.
(2018-01-30, 01:46 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Your plugin list is very long.  That is one factor.

That is definitely a much higher number of queries than standard.  Default installations without plugins are around 20-25.  Near where it says how many queries, there should be a link that you can click to see more advanced information.  It lists every query on the page.  Pay attention to see if there is one query that seems to be running many times.  This way it might point to what plugin is not written very optimally.

This one has the most queries but I don't know what it is.

SELECT u.*, u.username AS userusername, p.*, f.*, eu.username AS editusername FROM mybb_posts p LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid=p.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_users eu ON (eu.uid=p.edituid) WHERE pid IN('68525','68528','68531','68538','68540','68543','68548','68555','68557','68558') ORDER BY p.dateline

(2018-01-30, 02:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]temporarily deactivate automedia plugin & check if it helps.
auto update threads plugin could be also a cause of high load.

debug info should be available at bottom right of the page.
it should also consist of advanced details link.

you can add ?debug=1 to url of any page on your forum to get the advanced details.

Deactivating those 2 plugins reduced 2 queries.
What happens if you deactivate the colored usernames plugin? If that significantly reduces it, it is probably written poorly and I could probably do a rewrite of it. I am off from work tomorrow so I'll be around most of the day.
(2018-01-30, 03:30 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you deactivate the colored usernames plugin?  If that significantly reduces it, it is probably written poorly and I could probably do a rewrite of it.  I am off from work tomorrow so I'll be around most of the day.

It reduced 1 queries.

I started having problems after I installed WallBB's Focus theme a few weeks ago. However if I switch to MyBB's stock theme it runs the same amount of queries.
If you can set up a temporary FTP account and an admin account on your forum that has permission to manage plugins and send me the details via PM, I can look at it right now.
(2018-01-30, 04:12 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If you can set up a temporary FTP account and an admin account on your forum that has permission to manage plugins and send me the details via PM, I can look at it right now.

OK, PM sent