MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Internationalization Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
May I ask a team where should someone post general internationalization questions, if it's not related to any specific language?

For example, I have found the $langinfo variable in \inc\languages\english.php file. And in myBB v1.29 archive it's been set like this: $langinfo['version'] = "128".
I would like to know if this is a problem or not?
How important is the $langinfo variable?

I might be wrong but it seems there is no dedicated thread to post this sort of messages on internationalization forum. But it definitely belongs here, that's for sure.
voronv Wrote:Hi!
May I ask a team where should someone post general internationalization questions, if it's not related to any specific language?
Here, i think
voronv Wrote:For example, I have found the $langinfo variable in \inc\languages\english.php file. And in myBB v1.29 archive it's been set like this: $langinfo['version'] = "128".
I would like to know if this is a problem or not?
Not.
voronv Wrote:How important is the $langinfo variable?
Just lets you know which version is the langpack compatible with. Somebody forgot to update this variable, but it makes no difference, just disinformation.
I guess there is one more thing that may help all future translators A LOT and this thing is: the glossary.

Let me ask somebody knowledgable like Tochjo: is my understanding correct that the term "Reported posts" means actually "complaints on somebody's messages"? Sort of?

Or, should the phrase "Inline Post Deletion" be understood as a deletion operation being executed like a batch? Sort of?

There are lots of other "sort of's" in a job like this.

Every translator first takes a best guess.
It is commonly assumed that any mistake will be later fixed by testing.

Testing. Well, is there any testing tool that was offered that I missed to simulate every possible situation that may generate an error or information message in myBB?

Well, that's the point.
Only enthusiasts can start and finish this job. And enthusiasts are all, well, novices, not familiar with all nuances of the application. And this is not the grammar mistake that will make it look the most ugly. No, wrongly understood term - this would make it the worst.

So, let's start. Feel free to fix my errors, where I am wrong.

Inline Post Deletion,Inline Thread Deletion etc.
- Operation being performed in sequence and applied to each item in a group of selected items, one after another
Reported Posts
- Messages posted on forum that somebody (users, staff) reported to administrators or moderators as those that violate the forum rules

[continue adding here]