MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe Plugin - No Alerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had this issue for a couple months now and nothing seems to fix it. I've reinstalled the plugin multiple times, I've even done a clean install of Mybb with only the pluginlibrary and MyAlerts plugins installed but the issue persists. Besides changing a few board settings, the only customized aspect of the freshly installed board is the theme but the issue carries over to the default Mybb skin anyway. All plugins are up to date.

The option to receive alerts for mentions has been selected at all times, although I have tried deselecting and reselecting to make it work. The plugin says it has successfully integrated with MyAlerts. Other alerts work perfectly and this issue was the same on the original install when I had the DVZ mentions plugin installed initially.

I've now installed the other plugins (Enhanced Account Switcher, Thank You/Like system, Page Manager, Threadlog) and obviously there's no improvement. I'm usually quite good at figuring out issues like this by rooting through support logs but I've not been able to find anything. 

Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?
I replied to your GitHub issue. I am strapped for time right now, but things should ease up next week. I'll try to help you then.
Thanks again, I would never have figured this out without your help! 

I came across a couple threads like this when trying to fix this where people had similar issues and resolved them but didn't mention in the thread how, so for the sake of others who might stumble across this: I didn't have the Alert Types option on the ACP Configuration list. It was a MyAlerts permissions problem where for some reason admin accounts did not have permission to change alert settings. Details of how to fix this were given to me in a MyAlerts support thread post from Serpius, here!
Just sorry it took us so long to figure it out.
(2019-01-31, 12:54 PM)Olivepip Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again, I would never have figured this out without your help! 

I came across a couple threads like this when trying to fix this where people had similar issues and resolved them but didn't mention in the thread how, so for the sake of others who might stumble across this: I didn't have the Alert Types option on the ACP Configuration list. It was a MyAlerts permissions problem where for some reason admin accounts did not have permission to change alert settings. Details of how to fix this were given to me in a MyAlerts support thread post from Serpius, here!

Speaking of permissions...

I wanted to change my own admin permissions (me being the Owner/Super Admin), but it was denied because the AdminCP kept telling me that I was not permitted to change it. See screenshot.

[Image: 04d67605542dd79b48a6b59c52bc42cd.png]

After saying 'WTF' a few times... I posted this question in MyBB Support and the 'workaround' is kind of weird.

In the config.php, temporarily, I had to remove my own UID from the Super Admin line in the code (the line was commented out). Saved it.

Then, I go back to the AdminCP, I was able to change my admin permissions as needed.

Next, I go back to the config.php file, I restored my own UID as Super Admin, saved that. Now, everything is fine.

Weird way of getting around that. I don't know if that is a code/bug issue in the MyBB core files.
(2019-02-02, 07:28 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-31, 12:54 PM)Olivepip Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again, I would never have figured this out without your help! 

I wanted to change my own admin permissions (me being the Owner/Super Admin), but it was denied because the AdminCP kept telling me that I was not permitted to change it. See screenshot.

After saying 'WTF' a few times... I posted this question in MyBB Support and the 'workaround' is kind of weird.

In the config.php, temporarily, I had to remove my own UID from the Super Admin line in the code (the line was commented out). Saved it.

Then, I go back to the AdminCP, I was able to change my admin permissions as needed.

Next, I go back to the config.php file, I restored my own UID as Super Admin, saved that. Now, everything is fine.

Weird way of getting around that. I don't know if that is a code/bug issue in the MyBB core files.

This still probably deserved it's own thread if you thought it was a bug. But anyway, I'd say that there's not too much wrong with this behaviour, as super admin you already (or should do anyway) have access and permissions to everything on your forum. The only real reason you'd probably edit your own permissions is to hide some things and clean up a little. In that case, I wouldn't say there's a problem with temporarily removing yourself as super admin to amend these things.
(2019-02-02, 08:40 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-02, 07:28 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

This still probably deserved it's own thread if you thought it was a bug. But anyway, I'd say that there's not too much wrong with this behaviour, as super admin you already (or should do anyway) have access and permissions to everything on your forum. The only real reason you'd probably edit your own permissions is to hide some things and clean up a little. In that case, I wouldn't say there's a problem with temporarily removing yourself as super admin to amend these things.

As pointed out in the screenshot, if I was a Super Admin as recognized by the AdminCP, then I should have never gotten that message at all.

In the MentionMe and Advanced Sidebox plugins, when I installed and activated those 2, I could not find any way to "open" up the admin permissions in order to allow any admin (including myself). I got that message warning me of this.

I finally posted this issue on a different thread and I got my answer as stated in post #5.
The main issue has been solved.

Thread closed/mod