MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator permissions error - upgrade 1.6.8 to 1.8.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I try to upgrade MyBB 1.6.8 to 1.8.14.
Old forum was on MySQL 4.0.30, so database structure and content had to be uploaded to new database (MySQL 5.6.28). I did it manually.
All plugins and access to forum were disabled.
Connection to new database was corrected in inc/config.php.
I use admin account to run install.
Selecting Upgrade my existing copy of MyBB to 1.8.14 I got an error:

Quote:Error
You do not have permissions to run this process. You need administrator permissions to be able to run the upgrade procedure.

If you need to logout, please click here. From there you will be able to log in again under your administrator account.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Assuming clean install as second scenario.
What should be the procedure to upload content from old database after installation?
I coudn't find any information about it, considering big versions change (MySQL and MyBB).
^ clean installation doesn't help much as the your earlier version's database needs to be upgraded.

I'll send you a PM with few instructions ..
(NOT complex - but I feel such method need not be posted on public forum)
See :
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/
https://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html

Are you trying upgrade in local host server (eg. XAMPP) ? if so have you changed settings to have correct board url ?

Also update your database info in inc/config.php and find Super Administrators in the same file and make sure your profile UID is their it should be 1 by default unless you changed it via database. (DON'T DO!) If you have access to the Admin CP make sure your cookies are set right, this can also be done in the database (PHPMyAdmin) if you don't have access to the Admin CP.

Never had to deal with this so I don't know if I was a big help or not.
Thank you guys for very fast help!

Solution sent by .m. solved this problem.
(2018-01-31, 02:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ clean installation doesn't help much as the your earlier version's database needs to be upgraded.

Hello .m.
New member here.  I have the same problem as Tim7 - while upgrading from 1.6.10 to 1.8.14 the upgrade won't let me continue because the admin credentials fail early in the upgrade process.  I think I need your pm'd fix too.
Thanks in advance!
(2018-02-27, 07:12 PM)dhmsjs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-31, 02:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ clean installation doesn't help much as the your earlier version's database needs to be upgraded.

Hello .m.
New member here.  I have the same problem as Tim7 - while upgrading from 1.6.10 to 1.8.14 the upgrade won't let me continue because the admin credentials fail early in the upgrade process.  I think I need your pm'd fix too.
Thanks in advance!

**bump**
Still hoping someone, such as @.m. or maybe @Tim7 can pm me the details of your fix.  Can't upgrade without it.
Thx!
(2018-03-01, 06:24 PM)dhmsjs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-27, 07:12 PM)dhmsjs Wrote: [ -> ]

Hello .m.
Thanks in advance!

**bump**
Still hoping someone, such as @.m. or maybe @Tim7 can pm me the details of your fix.  Can't upgrade without it.
Thx!
Just confirming that .m. did pm the fix to me as well, and it did allow me to get past the admin permissions error that both Tim7 and I encountered.  I am now successfully upgraded to 1.8.14.  Thanks!