MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick edit showing \u00a0 for double space and \r\n\r\n for line breaks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!

Quick edit is doing a very strange thing by doing \u00a0 for double space and \r\n\r\n for line breaks. 

It puts an entire post into wall of text despite have linebreaks and it just parses wrong?  I've provided a screenshot attached.

Before coming here, I tried to search it up in Google and thought it was the Javascript to see if this was the issue but we have the correct ones on the site. 

This feature worked fine last night and I checked the admin logs for any changes but there has been none.  No updates, no installation of new plugins, nothing; so I'm lost.

Edit: I should add that full edit works just fine.
Hi,

a forum URL to see it "live" will be nice Wink
I wasn't sure if it was needed, sorry xD

--------

Live link: http://www.ltts-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21

Account info
-Snip-

Please post only in that area linked above, many thanks.
Hi again,

same things happened to me when I test it.

What version of MyBB are you using?, because there are:
thread.js?ver=1804
general.js?ver=1807
jquery.plugins.min.js?ver=1806
jquery.js?ver=1806

If you're using 1.8.14, please do this first:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-206896.html

If you're not, maybe you need to update the forum.

PS: when I do a full edit I've found another problem, a white screen shows up and nothing else, so therere more problems than that
Hello again,

The forum uses 1.8.7 and we cannot update due to how different the forum is set up in 1.8.14. We would have to create new skins which the team I'm part of is not able to right now.

I saw the code you posted and I wondered if it was a Disable Edit plugin that I installed few days ago to not allow members edit their posts for the approval area and uninstalled/deactivated it just to see. Turns out it was that plugin, we'll just have to keep records for the approval thread like we have been doing.

Thank you for your time though!
Maybe you can check for another plugin of that kind or search if anyone else had same problems with that plugin...