MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Emails not sending Mybb 1.8.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys !

I just installed MyBB 1.8.14 and i just saw email confirmations and other kind of mails werent being sent i dont understand why.

My forum is techlyze.net and is not opened yet.
Can someone tell me if i did something wrong or not ?
If it isn't already, make sure that the admin email is set to [email protected] because if it is from a different domain, it frequently fails.
And don't forget to put the MyBB credits
(2018-02-02, 01:04 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If it isn't already, make sure that the admin email is set to [email protected] because if it is from a different domain, it frequently fails.

There's already the right domain name.
(2018-02-02, 10:29 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]And don't forget to put the MyBB credits

I can put it back but i'm always afraid that if people know it's mybb i'm going to get problems with security vulnerability and things like that
(2018-02-02, 10:49 AM)Techlyze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-02, 10:29 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]And don't forget to put the MyBB credits

I can put it back but i'm always afraid that if people know it's mybb i'm going to get problems with security vulnerability and things like that

It's easy for anyone to find out if it's running on MyBB or not. Just don't show the version number.

But I advise you put it back otherwise you won't get much help from others.
(2018-02-02, 12:35 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-02, 10:49 AM)Techlyze Wrote: [ -> ]

It's easy for anyone to find out if it's running on MyBB or not. Just don't show the version number.

But I advise you put it back otherwise you won't get much help from others.

I've put it back anyways if it can help me, havent found any solutions yet Sad
check if this helps ..
Which mail sending method are you using? PHP Mail, or SMTP mail? If you're using PHP mail, you can try the help document found here. If you're using SMTP, you need to amke sure that the settings are correct - for this it would help to know what kind of SMTP mail service you are using.
(2018-02-02, 01:11 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check if this helps ..

(2018-02-03, 12:26 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Which mail sending method are you using? PHP Mail, or SMTP mail? If you're using PHP mail, you can try the help document found here. If you're using SMTP, you need to amke sure that the settings are correct - for this it would help to know what kind of SMTP mail service you are using.

They're saying that it's coming from MyBB and not from them and that everything's working fine so i'm going to try your mail test script.