MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Put forum announcements on the index page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum which is located at '/decaforum'

On this page I have 3 blocks : Recent Posts, Link to forum and Statistics

I want to put my Forum Announcement Block on this page but they only show on the forum page "decaforum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13" 

Thanks
perhaps it would be better to use a announcements plugin which works on required pages.

* Announcement
* BAM Announcements Manager
* OUGC Announcement Bars
* Cool announcements with Marquee
* DNT Announcements
Excellent suggestion. I thought I would have to change something in the Forum Templates
shouldnt this be in the core? At least the basic announcement one (the first one listed)
Yeah announcements is in the core but how would I put it on the index page (the page which shows all the forums)

I found the Index Template and I put in {announcement} just after Header but it's not showing up

Is there something else I need to do ?
With default vanilla mybb the only thing you can do is select a global announcement (via ACP -> Forums and posts -> Forum Announcements -> Add announcement -> set for all forums and make your settings). There is no master switch for each announcement to turn off or on or special settings like what user groups should see this announcement, custom CSS arguments, etc. Which is why i said the first plugin listed should be in the core.