MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Enhanced Account Switcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hoping to upgrade the Enhanced Account Switcher version we are using on site.

Regarding the readme files, this is all it has to say:
Quote:1. Upload the content of the "Upload" folder into your forum home directory and overwrite the existing plugin files.
   For additional languages you have to upload new language files too.
2. Go to your "AdminCP - Plugins", click "Deactivate" behind "Enhanced Account Switcher" and click "Activate" afterwards.
3. In Admin CP - Configuration - Settings - Enhanced Account Switcher" activate/deactivate additional functions.
4. All done

If I deactivate and then reactivate this plugin, will everyone lose their currently attached accounts?

If I rewrite all the files will this change any template edits I have done to all of the accountswitcher templates?

Thanks for your time,
iso
deactivating & reactivating the plugin doesn't affect currently attached accounts.

in general, changes in the plugin's templates are overwritten [templates are removed & added again]

if you are updating from account switcher version 2.1.2 then
plugins page might show upgrade function which is expected to retain template changes.
[i.e. plugin's templates need manual updating]

see change log for version 2.1.6 here which provides more details
I don’t recall the actual version of the plugin in use right now but I know this forum was created in 2016 and the plugin has not been updated since so it’s old.

So I do need to save a copy of all edited templates as they will be rewritten when updating?
^ yes, it'd be better to save the templates and then upgrade the plugin.

however plugin's version can be seen at the plugins page in forum admin panel
Yes I’ll look at the version later, I just can’t recall the actual version right now off the top of my head.

Thanks!

Update, all templates stayed the same so YAY.