MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove index.php from breadcrumbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Just a quick and simple trick if you want to remove index.php from your breadcrumbs homepage link.

1. Open global.php
2. FindĀ 
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl'].'/index.php';

3. And just delete "index.php"
4. Refresh your forum page and annoying index.php in your homepage url is removed.
Good luck!
I would not suggest you editing core files for such a thing. Mostly because you will need to do the same thing with each new patch - version of MyBB.

Why don't just remove it in templates? That will make it much more simple and you will have everything in core files.
(2018-02-06, 02:45 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]I would not suggest you editing core files for such a thing. Mostly because you will need to do the same thing with each new patch - version of MyBB.

Why don't just remove it in templates? That will make it much more simple and you will have everything in core files.

Agree, but in my case it works.
I'm using NetPen theme and was unable to find this option for breadcrumbs in it.
If you know the way - I will gladly try it )
You can find it in ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> {theme name} -> Navigation Templates

Those are for that.

And in future, if you have such a question, please ask before making tutorial Big Grin :/
^ navigation related variables get required values through php & we can't easily change them by modifying templates.

edit: see also this earlier related post
(2018-02-06, 05:14 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]You can find it in ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> {theme name} -> Navigation Templates

Those are for that.

And in future, if you have such a question, please ask before making tutorial Big Grin :/

There is no such option in the theme (NetPen), and after searching I couldn't find any alternative way to get rid of index in url.
I've found this solution on another forum.

P.S. In no way I'm trying to make tutorials - this is definitely not my level.

(2018-02-06, 05:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ navigation related variables get required values through php & we can't easily change them by modifying templates.

edit: see also this earlier related post

Using template code I was able to remove index.php from logos and home button, but still it was left in breadcrumbs.