MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mysql error for Downloads 2.0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I try to install build #3 of Downloads 2.0.2, but after pressing Activate I have this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect string value: '\xE0 atti...' for column 'description' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settings (`name`,`title`,`description`,`optionscode`,`value`,`disporder`,`gid`) VALUES ('downloads_active','Abilitare i download?','Selezionare se il plugin sar� attivo per visualizzare i download.','yesno',0,1,0)

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I use last version of myBB
from where you have downloaded the plugin ?
which language you are using for your forum admin panel ?
Downloaded from here
Language is italiano
open ~/inc/languages/italiano/admin/downloads_config.lang.php file in editor like notepad++
or open it through file manager at web host panel

in line 34 find code like below

$l['activedownloadsdes'] = "Selezionare se il plugin sarà attivo per visualizzare i download.";
find the accent mark for a in sarà and remove the accent mark. save the file & re-upload it

after above change try installing the plugin again ..
Ops. I have change to "english" and it work. Sorry

(2018-02-07, 03:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]open ~/inc/languages/italiano/admin/downloads_config.lang.php file in editor like notepad++
or open it through file manager at web host panel

in line 34 find code like below

$l['activedownloadsdes'] = "Selezionare se il plugin sarà attivo per visualizzare i download.";
find the accent mark for a in sarà and remove the accent mark. save the file & re-upload it

after above change try installing the plugin again ..

Thanks.